“Great sports bar”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Great sports bar”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Sunday the breakfast buffet was really good. The service was good. VERY nice owners and staff. Great place to watch Football. Great drinks.

• Visited November 2013

Sedona, Arizona, United States
“Great local sports bar!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a great bar! Service was friendly and fast. Our food was delish and very affordable for the big island. Bartender knew what she was doing behind the bar. They have taco Tuesdays with a mexican lady making homemade tortillas at the door when you walk in. They also have a $12.95 breakfast buffet on Sundays because football starts at 7 am here.

• Visited October 2013
San Jose, California, United States
“why bother with a specialty drink menu????”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The place itself is nice, clean and inviting. I'm giving them 2 stars because of their lack of consistency in making their specialty cocktails. I order my first drink from their specialty drink menu and it was delicions - second round the drink was awful. I told the server and she brought me a third one, this time the smae drink was straight and in a complete different glass - she explained to us that the these were made by another bartender. This happened with the other cocktails ordered by my friends. Rule of thumb: stick to the simple drinks or order beer!!!

Visited September 2013
Kealakekua
“Nice, but service is spotty”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Oceans is a great change from all the tourist traps in Kona. It's the kind of place that I can see myself as a regular. Taco Tuesday and Thursday are worth the trip.

But service is very much hit or miss. Ryanne is excellent! But if you get Jessica, run away. Either that or call to have food delivered: it'll be faster and you won't have to hear the excuses.

I do like this place though. It's comfortable, with enough screens for every one, though it gets loud during football season! I'll be back, but not as often as I'd like. At least until the service becomes more consistent.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great sports bar. Friendly staff and new menu.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We come to Oceans every time we visit Kona. Last year when we were here they only had a few items on their menu but recently when we went back they have expanded their menu. Plenty of appetizers, create your own burgers/dogs, pizzas and salads. We ordered a pizza and cobb salad. The pizza was delicious- think crust just the way i like it. The Cobb salad great also. Very fresh and good amount of food. My favorite was their homemade lillikoi vinaigrette. The service was good too. We sat at the bar and the bartender was very friendly. But this is definitely a sports bar. Tvs everywhere showing surf videos, baseball, golf, whatever sports were on. They even turned on the surround sound for a game. Wish we were here for the football season cause this is where we would go to watch the games. We will be back next year.

• Visited August 2013