“A favorite every time we are in Kona”

Jackie Rey's Ohana Grill
Ranked #7 of 298 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Jackie Rey's Ohana Grill is a casual local's joint featuring fresh seafood, steaks, pasta and a variety of salads at affordable prices. The restaurant (named after our daughter) is the culmination of much hard work and the dedication of ourselves and our crew. We invite you to be our guests and experience great food and old fashioned hospitality, island style. Angie and Paul—Proprietors of your Local Ohana Grill. Established 2004.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Love the chicken shrimp pasta although this time I changed it up with the game hen- it was awesome! We usually get a window seat . We sat (party of six) in the middle at a table that had great airflow which made one of my friends who gets warm easily very comfortable. Whenever we visit Kona Jackie Rey's is a must once sometimes twice.

1  Thank LCVickie
Write a ReviewReviews (2,486)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Date night is spent here at JR's. Why? Because these chefs were trained by a resort chef and are consistently producing excellent dishes. Dishes that reflect our fresh and healthy local food. My friends love my cooking, but on nights I want to receive great food, you will find us here. Also, it is the friendly staff that want to please you. It may not be waterfront, but it is comfortable, friendly and where the locals eat. We like to make friends with you visitors. I send all my vacation rental clients up the street to eat here and not once have they complained about JR's! Thanks for the consistently great dinner cuisine and sending us those coupons to keep us coming in more often! I wish other restaurants in Kona were more like you. Your neighbors down the street, the Ellisons :)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had one of the best servings of mahi mahi ever. Could not have been better. Perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. And, oh yes, the service was great, as always. We will be back soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here recently. I had a small Cobb salad and he had the fish and chips. The salad was fresh and there were a few interesting additions like 4 cubes of papaya and some bacon and 1/2a cooked egg, but overall it was uninspired and far too small for the $10 price tag. If you want a GREAT salad (chicken or fish included) go to Sam Choy's (and there you also get a spectacular view and cool breezes)!!! My hubbie's $17 fish and chips was minuscule: four tiny pieces of fish, a handful of fries and a 1/4 c coleslaw. The fish ("catch of the day"swordfish) tasted very good and there was no heavy batter but again it was very disappointing. The restaurant was very hot with only a few warm breezes from the fans and open windows. Staff were very friendly.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We are locals and regulars at Jackie Rey's for lunch. I can attest to the quality and freshness of their fish as I sometimes sell my catch to them. It is always prepared and presented in a much better manner than I can do at home using the same fish. Any guests who visit are always treated to at least one meal at Jackie Rey's.

Overall great service and great food. It's not on the main tourist path, but worth the effort to find it.