“Beware! Don't even think of going there!”

CampingIN Park Umag
Ranked #1 of 64 Specialty Lodging in Umag
Reviewed August 24, 2012

First I have to say that I have never been to a camp site the size of Umag Camping Park before, hence maybe my expectations weren't appropriate. Well, here is what we found: a huge area in which the camp site is divided into three lodging zones and various zones with shops, restaurants and entertainment facilities. The reception was ok, they speak English well. Then you will be directed to a tiny site which is shadowy enough but right in the middle of a cramped, way too busy area. The streets around you are always used by cars, bikes and pretty bad - by small motorbikes which are fast enough to run our toddler over. People scream, shout and radios blare all evening long. The entertainment for children and grown ups might be amusing but loud enough to keep you awake until 11 pm. Bins are too far away, washing facilities are clean and abundant, but a tub and changing area for babies is always too far away. And - there is only one for about 500 campers! The shore is just some rocky algae infested slippery mock up beach, nothing to lie on and enjoy the sea. The fellow campers are somewhat weird. After I got hollered at by a German who followed me to my site only to assault me physically there, we fled right away. It turned out that he wasn't satisfied with the way I cleaned the community's kitchen sink.
It might be a good place for people who think their day to day life is some unbearable monotony, dull and grey, but for someone with a normal attention span - do not go Umag Camping Park!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank jesuswasahovercraft
IstraturistUmag, Guest Relations Manager at CampingIN Park Umag, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Hello Jesuswasahovercraft,
My name is Josipa Krezić and I am working as Quality Manager at camping Park Umag.
I am glad that you stayed at our camp but more I am sorry we did not fulfill your expectations. Thank you for writing this review; we have used it as constructive critics to help us improve our work and our services.
From what I understand you were searching for nice and quiet vacation and you stayed at the camp in period of high season and biggest occupancy.
I will be free to suggest you to come again in low season – in May or September. In that time the weather is pleasant for vacation and occupancy is not that high so I believe you can have peaceful vacation! Due to low season you may choose pitch in one of the zones you find most attractive.
One of the investment plans is rebuilding and renovating existing sanitary facilities so will the number of baby areas increase.
I am sorry for the situation occurred with other guest but unfortunately we cannot influence on culture and politeness of guests.
I really hope you will give us another chance and visit us - we will do our best to redress these inconvenient situations and make new even better ones! If you decide to be our guest again, be free to find me at the reception I will be at your disposal!
Josipa Krezić, Quality Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We booked the site's premium accommodation after carefully researching on the Internet. We wanted somewhere with fantastic pool facilities, having stayed at Bella Italia last year, but also with a higher standard of accommodation. The premium offered a small pool for every 6 or 7 mobile homes, which we thought was ideal because the children would be able to use this without making a separate visit across to the main pool facilities. We travelled with my brother and his family, so this was ideal.
We were not disappointed with the accommodation which was of a high standard as it was new this year. It was very clean. The only thing I would say is that there is no oven, just a hob, so we thought cooking would be challenging, and no barbecue either. However, prices are so cheap, this did not really matter, as we regularly ate out, both on and off the site.
The small pool we thought was fantastic, although sharing with 7 other families meant that it was often crowded, or we just waited until it was more empty. Without this pool, the facilities would have been extremely compromised, as the main pool area is not adequate for the number of visitors. It consists of a paddling pool with a pirate ship and slide, a deeper pool nearby and a larger pool lower down. Considering the size of the site (it's huge!) this was not enough. The sea is nearby and it's crystal clear, although the 'beaches' are rocky - there is no sand.
About 1 week into the holiday (we stayed for 17 nights) our children suffered tummy upsets and there began a catalogue of infections, including eye, stomach, nose, throat and ear infections. The adults too suffered but to a much lesser degree. In the end I went to see the doctor on site because my daughter had been in considerable pain during the night with her ears. He prescribed some medication and said only to swim in the sea. This was a huge disappointment seeing that the pool had been a big reason for choosing this site, but we did avoid it for the rest of the holiday. I went to see the campsite management, who did have all the certificates for the pool water which had been tested, but this is done every few days not daily. There seemed to be surprise that the doctor on camp had advised avoiding the pool, and I only hope I have not caused any trouble for him.
There are a few places to eat on site, many bars, a supermarket, water sports etc which do offer plenty of variety in terms of what to do. We enjoyed the local towns of Umag and Novigrad and also Porec. We went on a boat trip which was very slow. It went down to Rovinj and I would choose a shorter trip in future as we spent too much time on the boat.
All in all, I would return to Croatia, but not to this site until the pool facilities are made considerably bigger to reflect the size of the site.

Room Tip: Choose the premium accommodation which is of a high standard.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lizzielilac
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Simply I can not understand this standards. First of all we asked at Check-In for total price quotation for fixed and clear number of persons/nights. Lady told us we have to calculate total price ourself, once the pricelist has too many surcharges and combinations, for me following advice I made mistake with my price calculation and expected to pay about 54 EUR (much but-I said well). At the end it was 70 EUR!

Pitch was uneven, ready for caravans, but not for tents as we requested. Uncomfortable stay head over head.

And last drop? There is no free WiFi. For such much money should I pay extra money to make short check on net? If they would have at least time limited free WiFi I would say OK - share the resource capacity...

I think it is sad but true - Croatia is well located, has nice sea accessible for millions of Europeans within few hours drive. The know and they dig your wallet. And we are strange, because we pay.

The next night I decided to stay in private apartment, nice, quiet, clean with high stndard and excellent views.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Paddler_Hostel

Hello Padler_Hostel
My name is Josipa Krezić and I am working as Quality Manager at the camp Park Umag.
First I would like to thank you for your visit and for taking time to share your experiences with others. Next I would like to apologize for situations occurred during your stay and inconveniences you experienced. Usually the receptionists are calculating total price when guests ask them to and I'm really sorry if in your case they failed to do so. I talked to leaders of departments involved in your situations and introduced them the case so we could avoid future similar situations.
At the moment free Wi-Fi is available in the zone Lavanda and Premium Mobile Homes but increasing of zones with free internet is one of the future plans.
I hope these situations will not prevent you from visiting us again, when, in case of any questions or doubts feel free to contact me, I am standing at your service.
Josipa Krezić, Quality Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We arrived and were Greeted at reception by à courteous staff. Within 5 minutes were checked in and at our mobile home. We did not get à lot of information from the reception so that would be an improvement if i have to give one. Mobile home was clean and close to pool and beach. Warning to campers...there is entertainment every night so if you like to go to bed early do not get à place close to the water. In the area there is lots to do..wine tours, artist village and of course lots of water sports. We tried the restaurant pizzeria san rocco site but service was slow and food only satisfactory. However the kitchen is well stocked so we could cook and enjoy our patio. There are activities for kids and specfically ideal for ages 10-14

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank travelbug1242
IstraturistUmag, Guest Relations Manager at CampingIN Park Umag, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Hello Travelbug1242,
I am Josipa Krezić, Quality Manager at Camping Park Umag.
Thank you for spending your holiday in our camping and thank you for taking time to share your experience with others!
I am sorry for the occurred situations at the reception and in the restaurant. Next time you visit us please feel free to contact me in case you have any questions or you need some information. I will gladly help you finding everything you need.
Thank you for this comments, I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you in the camp!
Josipa Krezić, Quality Manager.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My family and I have come here for a couple of years (2010, 2011). First things first: this campground is huge. But at the same time it feels cozy due to a lot of green areas between the camp sites. Showers and toilets are what you'd expect from a campground.
The pool area is great for children of all ages. There's also a store, severel bars and adoctor on the campground.

Dining in Croatia is dirt cheap. The restaurants on the campground (think there is 2 or 3) are okay, but if you're willing to drive, there are a lot of hidden gems!

This year we'll be trying out a new campground. Personally I'd spend another vacation at Camping Park Umag in a heartbeat, but our travelling partners has convinced us to try out new things ;-)

We stayed for 14(ish) days in in a caravan.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank sivertsen
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This camp site is huge. It is almost 2km wide with several restaurants and shops. I went there in low season and it was cold so we stayed only one night with a campervan. They were renovation the bathroom facilities and it look very nice. It was clean (but empty anyhow). It looks like it can be very crowded in the summer. Beaches were clean and stony (no sandy beaches)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pgtoni
IstraturistUmag, Guest Relations Manager at CampingIN Park Umag, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation although it was low season when the occupancy is little bit lower, and the temperatures are not that high, especially during the night. To maintain our guest’s satisfaction, there are investments in present infrastructure and in building new ones. One of the important services to keep our standards high is cleanliness, especially cleanliness of sanitary blocks. Also, campsite respects high ecological standards and it is aimed to preserve environmental resources. Therefore, beaches are natural and the sea is crystal clean.
You should visit us again! Best regards until next time!
Quality manager

Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here, and you really can't fault anything. But I would really advise you to book inadvance. This is a very busy site and if you just turn up as we did this year, you will be offered only what is left. We refused what we were offered and was prepared to go and find somewhere else to stay for 10 days, when all of a sudden "oh yes I think we may have just one place left that may be better". Part of the site is densly populated and in the shade and without a view of the sea, but the rest of the park (75%) is really nice. The thing I like best is that so much of the site is not set out for camping places at all. So it appears a lot less crowded, for example no one can camp within about 25m of the sea. The site is very spead out, the downside to this is you could be over 1km from the swimming pool. The sea frontage is 3km long. There are 2 supermarkets on site, 3 restaraunts and a beach bar and bar at the swimming pool / entertainment complex. Live music every night at the beach bar, (may be a little load if you camped very close, but it finishes just after 11pm) this is more for adults while the kids can enjoy the "shows" at the swimming pool area. There is a guided mountain bike tour twice a week which I can recommend, but you need to be a fairly keen cyclist as it lasts 3 hours+ (25k - 35K) and is done in the heat of the day. In my opinion this is one of the best campsites in Europe without question. You may be only one of a very few British people on site, but with a high proportion of Dutch on site English is spoken by everyone so language is never an issue. The pitches are quite large, toilets are cleaned all day long and are very clean. Having cycled though most of the other campsites in this area, I can deffinatly say this camp site stands head and shoulders above all of the rest (it is also the only one with 4 stars). If you have children chose a pitch in the middle as you almost need a car to drive from the extemities to the pool, but if you are not worried about the pool, chose a site on the northern side of the middle.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank martyKent

Thank you very much that you took time to write this review. I am very glad when I read that you enjoyed your holiday in our camp again and that the service, facilities and the offer helped to make your stay comfortable. Our main goal is to have satisfied guests who are returning year after year, and I believe that we are doing very well so far, mostly because of very big occupancy during the season. The camp is really big, it extends on 100 hectares along the coast with beautiful clean natural beaches and crystal clean sea. Considering the fact that the campsite can accommodate several thousand guests, every year we are enlarging and diversifying our offer in order to satisfy every guest needs. Since we have lot of families with children the entertainment programme is miscellaneous and it changes daily. There are activities for kids and adults trough whole day, and in the evening there is evening program also for the kids and parents, with different professional shows and shows with participation of guests and kids. Every person can find something for him/her! I am very glad that you appreciate our camp. Thank you so much for time you too to share your opinion, I believe that lot of people will find it helpful. Come back again soon!
Quality manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Umag
Aminess Maestral Hotel
CampingIN Park Umag Mobile Homes
Campsite Vestar
Campsite Vestar
#2 of 228 in Rovinj

Been to CampingIN Park Umag? Share your experiences!