“Most disappointing !”
Review of Sol Garden Istra

Sol Garden Istra
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Umag
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

If you like a crowdy place, lots of noise, an impersonal approach, school cafeteria food, expensive wifi, poor breakfast, etc., this is your place to be !
If not, just avoid ! Fortunately we only booked for 4 days, but even then we were very very glad we could leave ..

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Belgiantourism
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Belgiantourism,

Although we are aware that your feedback is not positive, we would still like to thank you for it because only with feedback from our guests we are able to improve our services and make our guests more satisfied.
We are very sorry that we have not completely fulfilled your expectations. We are a big family hotel with a lot of young families with children, who are of course our main target group considering the offer that we provide to our guests.
We will take your comments regarding food and service into consideration in order to provide our guests with even better service.

We hope that you will visit us again and give us a chance to show you our improvement.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Many attractions for kids like swimming pools, slides, playground, mini clubs with lots of toys. Kids were happy. Breakfast and dinner were good. No free Wifi. Room was nice, lots of space. Bathroom is big and tidy.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Ivan V

Dear Mr. Ivan V,

Thank you for writing this nice review and for sharing your opinion about our hotel with other travelers. We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were especially happy with pool area, animation program, food and the room.
We hope that you will come visit us again soon.
Until then we are sending you kind regards from Umag,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My family and I planned to go many times to this hotel this summer. But after one trip we will not be back. We booked a family room, which is two separate rooms with a door in between. The rooms are large and fit our family of four nicely. However the temperature is not controlled by the thermostat in your room. You have to ask the front desk to turn it down. Which we did SEVERAL times. But it never got below 80 degrees. Our toddler kept waking up covered in sweat. I couldn't sleep either because the bed was so rock hard that I was up all night. Which kept everyone else awake! I even tried to sleep on the extra pillows they give you and the extra blankets. When we talked to the front desk the next day they said that they would have someone look at the air and put a pad on the bed. We went through the day and the kids loved their pool, and club. When we went back up to the room it was still very hot and the "pad" they put on the bed was no thicker then my finger. I really tired to get comfy on it, because I didn't want to leave. The kids were having fun, but how can we stay when you pay for a place to sleep and you can't. So we decided that it was better to drive home through the night then to stay on a bed you can sleep in, and a miserable toddler. When we left after 7pm we once again told the front desk why we were leaving-hoping that they would switch the rooms or offer a solution. The man just shrugged his shoulders and said nothing. WHAT!!! We joined their Loyalty program because we were going to come back again. But since that means nothing to them we will not be back. They didn't even offer us a discount for the unused room or buffet we paid for, let alone a refund for the unused days of our vacation. There are several places to stay in this area. Choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
3  Thank Jonathan Z
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Mr. Jonathan Z,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel Sol Garden Istra for your stay in Umag.
We appreciate your feedback and because it will serve us as a guideline towards improvement of our service and quality overall.

I am really sorry that you have not contacted me during your stay because our main objective is the satisfaction of the guests and I am sure we would find a solution together. This kind of inconvenience which has happened to you concerning mattresses can sometimes occur because some of our guests prefer harder mattresses and some softer. We try to offer something in between in order to make all of our guests satisfied and comfortable but also to honor all our guests’ requests. This is way we have extra pads that can be used on the bed in order to soft it and I am sorry that it did not help you.

Concerning the temperature in the room, we have a central air conditioning which requires a few days to reach the optimum temperature when switched from heating to cooling. Because of the sudden rise of the temperature, we have turned the cooling on, but unfortunately the system had not reached the optimum level during your stay. I am sorry that you have not contacted me because we could have found you a room which is not directly affected by the sun and with a lower temperature inside.

I am truly sorry that you have left earlier than planned and I would like to invite you again in our hotel so we could show you that this situation was an exception. Thank you once again for your feedback as it would help us to identify points that can be improved and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back.

Kind regards from Umag,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Excellent hotel, friendly and helpful personnel and all-in-all beautiful place for active family vacation. Food (breakfast and dinner) is delicious. Hotel is located in a pine forrest and complete Katoro resort is one nice place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Marko Š

Dear Marko Š.,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write this review and for choosing our hotel in the first place. We are very happy to read that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

for begining sorry for my english. I just arrived for my four days family vacation from umag (sol garden). when we choose this hotel, trip advisor was one of most important reason for our decision. in fact my family rather often take short holidays at italy, slovenia and croatia so i have some experiance in four stars hotel (like sol garden). sol garden is in some way five stars expecally when we talk about staff of hotel. I really never saw so kind, helpfull and guest friendly staff like in sol garden hotel. but the best thing of staff (expecially at reception desk) is combination of relax and efficiently access to customer so you feel at home. location of hotel is very nice, if you want ride a bike you can find very easy trails, there is lot of really nice various sport playground, nature is fabolous. so that is good. but for me (i am croatian) was very disappointing that you must extra pay for wi-fi, that prices in restoran is well above prices in similar croatian (and slovenian) hotels (for example 1/2 liter of red wine is sixty kuna), you can not take jacuzzi without extra pay, chips for pinball and simillar games are euro and half (?!!)... maybe is ok. for visitors from western europe, but for croatian people this is to expensive.I have to be honest and say that HB at the hotel wasn't too expensive, but for example food for my opinion not at the level of four stars hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Igor U
IstraturistUmag, Manager at Sol Garden Istra, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Igor U,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with us. This is of big importance because it shows us what we can do to make guests feel better at our hotel.

We are really sorry you were not satisfied with the prices in our hotel. Sincerely, I do not think it is too expensive, but of course, I respect your opinion. The only thing I can say is that the prices are justified by the good quality of the service. Like you said, you have never seen before so kind staff. About that, I would like to thank you for those nice words.

Thank you one more time. It will be a great pleasure to host you again, so we can show you at our best.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was in Hotel for 8 days during some conference. Since I was one of the organizers, I often needed help from personnel on reception. Every time I needed something, they were very kind and provided it to me (and my colleagues). I would like to especially commend Ivan and Dalila as the best receptionists ever!

Room Tip: Family rooms with the pool view are really comfy! (like 544)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank I_am_m3_m0

Dear I_am_m3_m0,

First of all let me thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Your comment is truly motivating for all team, and it is nice to read that we have fulfilled your expectations.
I have already shared your compliments with Ivan and Dalila and they are sending you a big hug!

In hope to have a chance to host you again,

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We choose this hotel for our professional football team to stay at while they were training at the sport complex near the hotel. Everyone was very helpful, employees at the reception, guest relation, lobby bar, restaurant..They all are really lovely, happy people, always there to make us feel good and comfortable. Food was excellent, accomodation comfortable. I would definitely recommend it further and at the same time I would like to say a big thank you for a most enjoyable stay with you all!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Damjana K

Dear Damjana K,

it is a great pleasure to read such a nice review and to know that our hard work is seen and valued by our guests. We have shown this review to all our colleagues because this is our best motivation to provide excellent service in the future as well.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Kind regards from Umag,