Looking at the pictures on their website the apartments look great. But when we got there the reality was everything but great - no aircondition, small and old apartments, we were unable to properly close the windows and balcony doors, the kitchen area was so small we never even used it..
The flats are overpriced - 111EUR/night (for 3 people)! The rent should be at least half the price for what you really get.
All the apartments (houses) are very very old and not maintained poorly. The beach is a disaster and entry in the water is difficult - you can either walk on rasor sharp rocks or enter on the man-made stairs which are very slippery and dangerous.
Overall, we were completely disappointed and will absolutely never return to Polynesia. DISASTER!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Polynesia is located in the Katoro tourist resort of Umag, just outside the city centre. Home to the largest swimming pool in Umag, the Polynesia property is the perfect destination for a sun-filled holiday. When finished with your swim in the pool, take in the scenic views of the Adriatic Sea or enjoy one of the countless other outdoor activities nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartments Polynesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Polynesia Hotel Umag
- Sol Melia Umag
- Sol Polynesia Apartments Umag