Hotel Nautica
Hotel Cittar(Novigrad)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsreception desk islovely yachtsoff seasonrooms are big and cleanoverlooking the marinawellness areafishshort walkshipspacorridorstuffcentrecroatiafurnituresceneistrian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The hotel is in an out of the way location and therefore it needs to have superior food and service to make up for its remoteness. Although I can't say our experience was hideous, it was certainly not a highlight of our trip in Croatia.
It was warm while we were there and our A/C in our bedroom did not work. I went down to the smelly cigarette filled lobby to tell the manager. She assured me they would fix it while we were gone for the day. We returned hours later and again, no A/C. I went down a second time and received a rather rude "I am sure it is fixed, do you know how to turn it on?" Day 3, same complaint, never fixed the A/C. At checkout I told them the A/C never worked--this would have been a nice chance to show some customer service and appear slightly sorry-- and they simply said, why didn't you ask to change rooms instead?
The rooms are dark. Literally so dark I left a brand new pair of shoes in the corner because I could not see them-- in the daylight. The rooms are nautical and large but the dark colors and poor lighting make them feel small and uninviting. The bathrooms are bright and clean and one of the highlights.
The breakfast was nice, we were able to sit outside and the waiter did his best to understand English. The dinner was extremely expensive and OK, not memorable.
All in all, I would recommend the hotel for people who are staying on a boat and want a night inside. I would not go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank lwohara
Reviewed November 17, 2008

This is the perfect place to get away from it all. Clean, very comfortable, expensive? yes but worth it. We have stayed in many, many hotel rooms throughout Europe and we are very picky so this place was a treat. There is not much to do in the area if you get restless, therefore would only recommend if all you want to do is relax

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank worldtraveller2401
Reviewed September 21, 2008

Lovely located in the harbour of a nice city, so what could go wrong?
Yes, everything!
Very expensive, but an almost empty breakfast buffet, no towels for the (overcrowded) swimmingpool, no entrance to the water to swim, no sorry after complaints.
So al in all not a place to go to, unless you're a BMW or Audi lover: you can see more exclusive models here than at the dealer...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank RR22
Reviewed March 23, 2008

This hotel is a good example that spending a lot of money does not create a good place to stay. Shortly: expensive, cold, silly decorated, bad surrounding, NOT a 5 star hotel

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank igazic
Reviewed September 30, 2007

LOCATION: Great. Not in the heart of the city, but pleasantly on the outskirts, on the marina and 5 minute walk to the beach and heart of the town.

BED/SHEETS/PILLOW: Very comfortable bed. Linens & pillows are fine.

LIGHTING: Great in the bathroom, a little dark in the bedroom.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: Bathroom is the highlight here; really different and stylish. Too bad the rest of the hotel isn’t in the same style.

TOILETRIES: Very good.

CLEANLINESS: Bedroom and bathroom are spotless.

A/C: Present but didn’t use.

CLOSET SPACE: Tons of space for 2

STYLE OF ROOM: This is the issue here. Everything is really nice and the owner clearly spent a lot of money on décor. The problem is that I think I am with the majority of discriminating hotel guests that prefer not to have a nautical theme. It’s like staying at one of those nice hotels in Vegas with a stupid theme that ruins the experience. If you like this theme, you may really like this place. The backboard of the bed is a boat steering wheel. It shows that money can’t buy taste.

SOUND: The room was exceptionally quiet.

FOOD: One of the best breakfast buffets we have had in our 4 months of traveling.

TV/INTERNET: Weak wireless signal in room and fast corded internet for $2US/hr or $10 for 24 hour period. TV has satellite and a few English channels

SERVICE: Fine.

COMMON AREA: Very nice and spacious. The spa/pool is exceptional although both the pool and the spa where too cold. There is a nice steam room (Turkish bath) and sauna. There is a masseuse on staff that has prices without the duration of massage. I asked her how long the massage is for and she said sometimes 25 minutes, it could be 50 minutes, just depends on your body.

TIPS: I checked out every hotel in the area. This is by far the nicest and most luxurious of them all. However it doesn’t justify $140 Euros/night, double the price of the others unless you just want the nicest room in town and don’t care about the price/value. We wanted to stay at San Rocco (20 mins) away that was charming, beautiful and everything I would want in a hotel (without seeing the rooms). I would only stay here if you want the best and San Rocco is booked.

• Stayed: September 2007