“Marvelous food, great staff!”

Konoba / Trattoria Gatto Nero
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Novigrad
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Croatian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: HOMEMADE ISTRIAN FOOD PREPARED AND SERVED WITH LOTS OF LOVE! Your pleasure is our goal. Visit us and taste real Istrian specialitys.
Reviewed March 9, 2017

I had home-made pasta with bear's garlic, zucchini and prawns, my collegue had pasta with turmeric, mushrooms and queen scallops and both were fantastic!
My compliments to Lady Chef Jasna for mouth-watering menu.. I would actually eat all of the meals :D
Thank you for this experience, I will visit again as soon as possible!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here, while walking around the town (mostly everything was closed). I was searching on TA before, so I knew the name and I had some expectations, but the black risotto was sooooo tasty, you must try it to know what I am talking about.

Before that, we had some salami and cheese, I really liked their cheese (and I am a kind of cheese lover). I also liked their black & white bread.

And not to mention all the offer of dishes, made from boskarin (we tried soup- soooo soft nice meat inside; and gnocchi with boskarin goulash - also very tasty.

The waiters were nice and polite. At the end we got a discount for their other restaurant.

I recommend this place.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 23, 2017

Me and my boyfriend first visited the tavern in September. Superb place to eat fresh and quality fish. The staff was professional and lovely :).

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed February 20, 2017

We arrived for dinner, and we ordered house specialty - boskarin. Steak and goulash were just great, very delicious. Stuff was very professional and the atmosphere was cosy. This is definitely our most favorite restaurant in Novigrad!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

If you want to eat good and fresh fish then stop by the tavern Gatto Nero. You really can not go wrong with the positive atmosphere and the excellent staff.

Date of visit: February 2017