“Good pork, bad service”

Cuisines: Croatian
Trieste
“Good pork, bad service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've been in this restaurant few days ago and I must admit that the fact that they drag you in from the street is absolutely true. I don't know if that's a bad sign, but surely is folkloristic. The waiter is a little messy....while he was taking the order at our table he saw some people arriving and he let our order in stand by and he went straight to the new customers, moving tables just to make space for them. He went back at us after 10 minutes to restart taking the order....
The service hasn't been very fast, actually we have waited more than 45 minutes and people who arrived after had their food before us. Once the food arrived I must admit that the pork was really good, another plate with pieces of meat in a peppers sauce was also good. The rest was average.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank alabarda1973

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Drive on!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Where do I start? Waiters hanging out on pavements trying to literally drag you in. Always a bad sign. A good restaurant survives on reputation, not stooping to beg for custom.

Food - overpriced. Service - 2 / 10.

There are 2 or 3 excellent restaurants in Funtana. Don't know if I can mention them here. But I'll do a bit of searching and leave comments on other nearby rests.

I had eaten earlier in holiday at a village called Flengi c. 5 -6 miles south of Funtana. It was deadful, nil out of 10. Had I known it was the same "chain" ...,!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jim B
Sydney, Australia
“A Pleasant Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Restaurant Oscar is located on the main thoroughfare which passes through Funtana heading towards Vrsar (first restaurant on the left hand side) and has its own parking facilities.

The restaurant has an extensive menu of all the usual Istrian Konoba type foods (including pasta’s, seafoods, steaks etc. and included crepes for desert), with the speciality of the house being its pork, which is roasted daily on a spit out the front of the restaurant. Dining options are an open under cover area or an adjoining alfresco arrangement. The restaurant also accepts credit cards.

The meals my wife and I had (my wife had pork cordon bleu) could not be faulted both from a quantity and quality perspective, with the baby pork suckling being especially delicious. Staff were both friendly and very efficient and more than happy to discuss and agree to any specific requests patrons may have required.

At the time of our visit the restaurant was extremely well patronised and whilst the restaurant is located close to the road, the passing vehicular traffic was not an issue whatsoever.

Overall, we enjoyed both the food and the hospitality at Restaurant Oscar and will certainly return.

• Visited August 2012