“Casual, worth coming... Domestic, local, very nice...”
Review of Konoba Vrh

Konoba Vrh
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Buzet
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vrh is the right place for gourmets, where you can enjoy the delights of Istrian cuisine.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Best olive oil and home made bread... Good prosuto... Nice home made pasta with a lot of truffels...

1  Thank elvirmrsic

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Since I was in Motovun with my wife for the film festival we decided to try this typical restaurant on a nice hill not far from the city of Buzet. It was so good that we came back the very next day!

The food was amazing. I especially recommend the beefsteak with ham and cheese. And also the excellent homemade rakija (try the one with nettle), if you don't have to drive... Beside food and drinks, the location is charming, prices are honest, and the service very good.

It's the tenth summer holiday that I spend in Croatia and this is among the best restaurants I've ever visited there. I'll definitely come back again.

1  Thank jtcase
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had the best food at this restaurant during our trip last year and this restaurant played a big part in our decision to travel back to the area this year.

We had dinner three times in a week. Two by ourselves and one with a group we met during a tour. All were excellent.
The last night we had boscarin (one of there specialties) from the grill. Before we got the chance to tell them the meat was a bit chewy our waitress came to check on us because they weren't sure about the quality of the meat. They replaced it with the best veal I've ever had.

Portions our big and all there food is great. If you're into truffles this is the place to be, they are very generous with the truffle.
I love the fuzi with truffle, veal with truffle and the boscarin slowly cooked. Prices are very fair.

2  Thank marijke1974
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Istria, Croatia, is famous as a domicile of both white and black truffles. If you are looking for food with truffles, the restaurant Vrh in Vrh is THE place to go. It is a little bit pricy (20 Euro and up for a truffle dish) but is absolutely worth every penny. I can recommend local pasta with truffles (‘fuži s tartufima’). If you are touring with a car, start from Buzet and continue down to Livade to enjoy the fantastic Istrian scenery.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We ate home made fuži stuffed with mushrooms and covered with truffles and then boškarin (istrian bull) with potatoes. It was AMAZING, words cannot describe the deliciousness of these dishes :P. It is a bit expensive, the fuži made in this way cost something like 20€, so we took only one portion for 3 as a sort of appetizer. It is anyway more than worthy, even if a little bit pricey.
And the staff is super friendly. Super recommended!

1  Thank ghostopera90