“Absolutely Perfect”

Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This stay was a great time for me and my family. The pool was always nice to jump in and cool off. I originally planned to stay at the holiday inn down the road, but they said i had a reservation for 3 rooms. I only asked for one. i stayed for the two nights i was supposed too. Then my family had such a good time hiking and wanted to do more so we decided to stay for two more days. Instead of the holiday inn we went to the best western. It had such a great swimming pool and extremely nice employees. The rooms were super clean. It felt like i was at home. I really enjoyed the clean remote they had because we all know the other ones are distgusting. Overall the Best Western blew away the holiday inn.

Room Tip: The suites next to the pool are very nice
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
JimBowie29, Manager at Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

We are grateful that you would take time to share your opinion about your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your trip to our area, and even choose to stay a few extra days. Many guests enjoy our sparkling outdoor pool, which is the perfect end to a day of hiking in Joshua Tree National Park.

Because of our dedication to clean rooms, Best Western requires all hotels to provide clean remotes. Thanks for noticing!

Thanks for choosing Best Western Gardens. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel but on arrival the receptionist told that there was no reservation on record. I then found a another hotel. Three days later I get a phone call saying that they are charging me for the room. I explained the situation and they promised the Manager would be in contact - never happened. I called again the following week and was promised the manager would call back - never happened. Called again and got through to the "Manager" (or the 2nd receptionist), who said this was the owners decision. I'm not sure what the point of the Manager is then. Anyway, I'm now awaiting the owner's call back. Not going to hold my breath....

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Richard G
JimBowie29, General Manager at Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

We regret any inconvenience that you experienced with our reservation and cancellation policies, and are truly sorry that you experienced stress during to your visit to Twentynine Palms. Whether your trip was for business or pleasure, I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in our area.

We pride ourselves on superb customer service, and attempt to create policies that are equitable for all guests. We will review our no-show policy to ensure that they are as fair as possible.

We hope that you decide to give us another try next time you visit Twentynine Palms, and let our staff provide an exceptional experience in our newly renovated guest rooms. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Clean and friendly hotel. I've stayed here in the past and the new updates (furniture, large flat screen TV, and great water pressure) made it a much more enjoyable stay. Don't plan on working out in the fitness center, as it is the only part of the hotel that did not get a facelift. Would still recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
JimBowie29, General Manager at Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed our renovations and your stay at Best Western Gardens. I apologize that the fitness center had not been renovated prior to your stay, but we have scheduled it to happen very soon!

We hope you will visit us again soon and be able to enjoy further renovations.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with the impression it would be just any other hotel out there under the brand of Best Western but I was strongly mistaken. This hotel should not be a standard Best Western, this hotel is better than any other hotel I've ever stayed at including the Premier hotels under the brand. I made a trip out to 29 Palms to see my parents who have lived thier for ages but decied to bring the kids so a hotel was in need, they upgraded me to one of thier pool side suites and it was just absolutely amazing; they have just renovated and what a great job they did at it, but I would say the most impressing thing about the hotel is the exceptional customer service I was given. From the nice front desk clerk Megan who gave me the upgrade and Joe the night person who checked me out to the front desk manager who informed me of all the good to eat places around Casey, to the main manager who you can tell takes true pride in the Hotel, Sue. I really enjoyed my stay at this Best Western and will be returning very soon.

Room Tip: The pool side suites are such a great price for what this hotel offers! 601 is my fav!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for noticing our efforts at superb customer service! We pride ourselves at assisting each guest to enjoy our hotel and the surrounding area. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

Our poolside suites are some of our most popular rooms, offering easy access to our large outdoor pool. I hope that you and your family enjoyed the extra space in the suites, as well as the pool, while you were staying at Best Western Gardens.

I hope that you allow us the opportunity to serve you and your family again next time you visit Twentynine Palms.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to 29 palms for the 1/7 Marines homecoming and pick up our son. The rooms are large with 2 queen beds, nice size flat screen tv with lots of channels, mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very clean, with plenty of hot water for showers. The beds were very comfortable and the A/C worked well and was quiet. We ate the breakfast at the hotel and had scrambled eggs, bacon, waffels and the usual bread, fruit and cold ceral. Breakfast was well stocked and had an attandant keeping the place nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My son was graduating from tech school at the Marine base. I needed a room for one night. I called the hotel and when I told them the reason for my trip there, they very courteously gave me a generous discount. I met one of the owner/mgrs, a retired Marine colonel, the cleanliness of the hotel reflects that association. Everyone at the hotel greeted me with a smile. One of the ladies, Tina, went above and beyond to provide me with information about the area and a store to purchase a shirt with a collar for the ceremony the next day.

They have a guest appreciation night, Wednesday, food and beverages are served in the breakfast room, which is also the room where the complimentary breakfast is served.

If I ever have to travel to 29 again, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Herbert B
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Clean room, nice facilities. The pool was a really nice escape - and the morning breakfast was a great benefit! I'd recommend staying here if you want to explore Joshua Tree National Park!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twentynine Palms
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#8 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Rodeway Inn & Suites 29 Palms near Joshua Tree National Park
Rodeway Inn & Suites 29 Palms ne...
#7 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn - Joshua Tree/29 Palms
Americas Best Value Inn - Joshua...
#11 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park? Share your experiences!