“Whew! Bleh my socks off!”

Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with the impression it would be just any other hotel out there under the brand of Best Western but I was strongly mistaken. This hotel should not be a standard Best Western, this hotel is better than any other hotel I've ever stayed at including the Premier hotels under the brand. I made a trip out to 29 Palms to see my parents who have lived thier for ages but decied to bring the kids so a hotel was in need, they upgraded me to one of thier pool side suites and it was just absolutely amazing; they have just renovated and what a great job they did at it, but I would say the most impressing thing about the hotel is the exceptional customer service I was given. From the nice front desk clerk Megan who gave me the upgrade and Joe the night person who checked me out to the front desk manager who informed me of all the good to eat places around Casey, to the main manager who you can tell takes true pride in the Hotel, Sue. I really enjoyed my stay at this Best Western and will be returning very soon.

Room Tip: The pool side suites are such a great price for what this hotel offers! 601 is my fav!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
JimBowie29, General Manager at Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thanks for noticing our efforts at superb customer service! We pride ourselves at assisting each guest to enjoy our hotel and the surrounding area. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

Our poolside suites are some of our most popular rooms, offering easy access to our large outdoor pool. I hope that you and your family enjoyed the extra space in the suites, as well as the pool, while you were staying at Best Western Gardens.

I hope that you allow us the opportunity to serve you and your family again next time you visit Twentynine Palms.

Jim Bowie

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to 29 palms for the 1/7 Marines homecoming and pick up our son. The rooms are large with 2 queen beds, nice size flat screen tv with lots of channels, mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very clean, with plenty of hot water for showers. The beds were very comfortable and the A/C worked well and was quiet. We ate the breakfast at the hotel and had scrambled eggs, bacon, waffels and the usual bread, fruit and cold ceral. Breakfast was well stocked and had an attandant keeping the place nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My son was graduating from tech school at the Marine base. I needed a room for one night. I called the hotel and when I told them the reason for my trip there, they very courteously gave me a generous discount. I met one of the owner/mgrs, a retired Marine colonel, the cleanliness of the hotel reflects that association. Everyone at the hotel greeted me with a smile. One of the ladies, Tina, went above and beyond to provide me with information about the area and a store to purchase a shirt with a collar for the ceremony the next day.

They have a guest appreciation night, Wednesday, food and beverages are served in the breakfast room, which is also the room where the complimentary breakfast is served.

If I ever have to travel to 29 again, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Herbert B
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Clean room, nice facilities. The pool was a really nice escape - and the morning breakfast was a great benefit! I'd recommend staying here if you want to explore Joshua Tree National Park!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This motel is on the west end of the town. It's very neat and well maintained. There is an outdoor pool, a fitness room and no pets allowed. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. Our room was extremely neat and clean and smelled good. There was a large work table with a cushy desk chair. Flat screen TV and 60+ TV channels. The room had an easy chair with a footrest. There was 1 luggage rack and 1 bench for a 2nd suitcase. The room also had a microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker. The AC was quiet and the bathroom was large. Breakfast was great. They have a separate room for breakfast with lots of tables and chairs. There was fresh melon, strawberries, bananas, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, egg & sausage sandwiches, biscuits and gravy, muffins, bread, bagels, made to order waffles , cereal, coffee, milk and juices. The breakfast room attendant was very nice and kept everything filled and ready to eat. The biggest drawback is that there aren't any restaurants within walking distance - you have to drive at least a mile.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MNroadtrippers66
JimBowie29, General Manager at Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Best Western Gardens. Thanks for taking the time to share details about our hot breakfast buffet. We hope that you come back soon to review other upgrades to the buffet such as our gluten-free baked goods and made-to-order smoothies!

I am sorry that there is not a restaurant within walking distance from our property, but hopefully our staff was able to direct you to several alternatives within a few minutes drive. The city of Twentynine Palms, as well as the neighboring City of Joshua Tree are home to a variety of restaurants.

Thanks for choosing Best Western Gardens. We hope to see you again soon!

Jim Bowie

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Spent one night at this hotel on 4/27/12 while visiting Joshua Tree NP. This hotel provides a great room for the price. Staff is excellent and very helpful. We had a nice, clean, QUIET room away from the highway. We spent the day driving and site seeing in Joshua Tree NP then drove the short distance to this hotel for a good night's sleep. Checked out the next morning and it was close enough to go back to the NP that we returned to the park and hiked to the 49 palms oasis. We're not big on night life so at the recommendation of the front desk staff we had a very good salad bar meal at Sizzler which is a really close to the hotel. Breakfast had a good variety of foods and enough that even my sister, who is a vegetarian and gluten intolerant, had plenty to choose from. Everything about our stay went smoothly.

Room Tip: Choose a room to the right of the lobby, away from the highway - nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Nice hotel rooms were very clean. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was very good with a lady cooking waffles to order.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twentynine Palms
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#5 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park
Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - ...
#8 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites 29 Palms near Joshua Tree National Park
Rodeway Inn & Suites 29 Palms ne...
#7 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Campbell House
Campbell House
#1 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park? Share your experiences!