“Base to Joshua Tree national park”
Review of 9 Palms Inn

9 Palms Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Reviewed May 1, 2014

A good motel to stay in if you are visiting Joshua Tree National Park. Ours was like a studio apartment with a front patio where we could enjoy a drink at the end of the day and relax. Free parking right in front of your doorstep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacquimalta

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We have stayed in the town of Twentynine Palms many times over the past 10 years. This time around, we were looking for something more reasonably priced than the 29 Palms Inn, but quieter and with more charm than the Motel 6. 9 Palms Inn fit the bill. We were graciously welcomed by the owner, who has put a lot of time, love and money into refurbishing this old motel. We stayed in room 116, which was spacious, clean and comfortable - and a bargain for the price. From our porch, we had beautiful views of the Sheephole Mountains, and we were just a short drive away from the Joshua Tree National Park visitors center and the park itself. We very much enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LJEBishop_CA
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I can't believe the ratings for this place. We booked two nights based on what we read here. And bailed out after one. The pros: (1) It's cheap...but only by 3-5 dollars for other offerings in town; and (2) It's clean....well, kind of (check photos). I hardly know where to start. Maybe with the junk in the yard. They post colorful and inviting patio chairs, which do exist. But from our unit (#12), we looked out on a junk pile by the closed swimming pool of abandoned refrigerators, old fencing, and etc (see picture). Truly disgusting. When we checked in, I thought it was odd that we had a high free standing fan in the corner. I soon learned why. Given that it was 88 degrees on arrival, we turned on the A/C to learn that it wasn't working. Nor did it work in our neighbors unit next door. After negotiation with the management (who expressed surprise at our A/C failure....so why was the portable fan already in place????), he agreed to refund our second pre-paid day so we could move on. Then there was the cleanliness issue. Take a look at our picture of the mold on our shower wall in unit #12. Clean? I don't think so. Finally (and there is more I could write), there was the reservation situation. We e-mailed at least one month before we arrived, asking for a room high on the hill. We received confirmation of our request and our credit card was billed accordingly. About 2-3 days before we were to depart for our trip, we received notice that our reservation had been cancelled. Why? We called and e-mailed, only to hear that it was a "computer problem." Give me a break! After much e-mailing, we finally secured room #12 down by the highway. Upon arrival, and talking with patrons in the room we originally booked, we learned that they had taken it on a weekly basis, rather than for the 2 nights we had booked. Don't know exactly what to say here other than, in our experience, what you may reserve might noy be there for you on arrival. Then there are the drapes in our room, hanging at a strange angle....why? No drapery hooks for many of the slots! Maybe you get the idea for this place. I don't understand all the stellar ratings. This certainly was not our experience. Trying to post a picture of the black mold in the shower...having trouble getting it to show. We would never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank D H
Niranjan M, General Manager at 9 Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2015

If i do not response to your comments then i am giving a wrong info to my future guest. i need to balance .
Thanks for using your pen power ! you spent too much time on thinking on us that gives us a bit encouragement to response your an essay on us !! IN YOUR REVIEW YOU TRIED TO SHOW THAT YOU KNOW VERY WELL OF OUR INN HOWEVER WHERE DID YOU FIND SWIMMING POOL AT OUR PLACE ? WE DO NOT HAVE ANY NOR ANY JUNK YARD IN FRONT OF ROOM 12 INSTEAD OF A FANTASTIC VIEW OF MILES AND MILES WITHOUT ANY OBSTRUCTION.I CHALLENGE MY READER PLEASE DO GOOGLE AND LOOK AT OUR PROPERTY .. it is also be fair to judge us what you pay us. what other options you had with the price you paid AND COMPARE US WITH THAT LEVEL ? did you read those properties reviews? they also get guest like you !!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Being skeptical at first, I thought the rooms were going to be run down like the ones over at El Rancho Dolores. I was very wrong. The room I got (115) was 100% better than the hotel that I am used to staying at, the staff was friendlier and made sure we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. My favorite part of my stay here was the complimentary coffee packets, creamers and sugars. Rooms were clean, and the bed was nicely made. Big flat screen T.V., colorful room, and a comfy king size bed. What more could you ask for? Only thing I had a problem with was how the toilet was not flushed or cleaned but I overlooked that thinking the housekeeper might have been having a bad day. Would definitely recommend this place! It might not look great from the outside (even though I personally loved how you have your OWN porch with chairs) but the inside of the room will surely surprise you. :)

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank ohaiChristine
Reviewed March 13, 2014

During our visit to the Joshua Tree park we stayed one night at the 9 Palms Inn. When we arrived the owner welcomed us very friendly. He gave us keys for two different appartments and let us choose the one we liked best.

When we told him that the reception of the Wifi was not optimal he even came to check it immidately. His goal was to make our stay as fine as possible.

Room was clean and painted in bright colours. It might not be all new but sometimes you find that people try harder to make your stay pleasant. This is one of these times.

For food we went to the Chinese restaurant aprox 1/2 mile in to the village on the Twenty Nine Palms Hwy. for take away. Food was ok there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nico T
Reviewed March 12, 2014

For the price you get more than you think much better than any other hotel in the surrounding area Nick is an awesome manager and really cares about his people and customers I stayed here quite often every time I work at the Marine base

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Alexbscheid
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the 9 Palms Inn for a last-minute trip to Joshua Tree. The owner, Nick, was very gracious and welcoming to us.

The rooms were clean and bright. It was a peaceful place, and very, very close to the entrance to the National Park. It was an excellent bargain.

We would gladly stay there again for our next trip to Joshua Tree.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple