“Inspiring”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Inspiring”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had no idea what to expect, but this place was amazing. We found many areas to watch the rock climbers, take photos, enjoy the weather in November. We came from Colorado so the landscape was very different and so beautiful. There are many areas for photo ops and areas to hike. You can spend hours there! The $10/car fee is well worth it for entry. Plan to stay as long as you can, take in the vast expanse as you can see for miles. Awesome sunsets!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good for a quick run through.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

After seeing a few Joshua trees, looking at a few cool rock formations, it got pretty old quickly. I have to admit, I'm not a huge desert fan, but I've visited other desert locations that I enjoyed a good bit. So I was just a little bored after 20 minutes or so. I read other reviews before coming here that were pretty positive and suggested you take an entire half day to explore. I can't say I agree as it's just desert and weird trees. I'd recommend visiting, but don't set aside an entire half day. If you absolutely love the desert and looking at sand, then go for it.

Visited December 2013
San Diego, California
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Climbing in Joshua Tree”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We love Joshua Tree. The contrast of mountain range, rocks, sand and plant life is stunning. We had a beautiful day for our visit. It's been 20 years since I've last visited here. Was surprised to find it so crowded - well compared to 20 yrs ago.... And it was a Holiday weekend. The bathrooms have been upgraded since last visit.... still no flush toilets or water so bring plenty!!!

Mill City, Oregon
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Rocks and "undisciplined" Joshua Trees”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Well worth a quick drive through or several days to explore. The dramatic desert landscape is a visual treat and an endless playground for rock climbing (both for play and for sport). Good hiking options as well.

Twentynine Palms, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“JTNP”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

From Hard-Core rock climber to Handicapped senior (me) you can find something to enjoy at JTNP. Good book store/gift shop at the 29 Palms entrance, lots of free information also. Even if you are not a hiker or climber you will enjoy the drive through the park. On a clear day you can see as far as Mexico from Keys View. The first weekend of April there is a free Art Festival.