We stayed here because we wanted a place with character and to avoid the chain hotels. It does have character and it also has a very pleasant and helpful host. Otherwise, we found little to recommend this hotel. The place just generally has a sense of grubbiness and could use a good cleaning. It feels like the furniture has been picked up at a second hand store. Nothing matches and some pieces have seen much better days. The deadbolt on the main door cannot be locked from the outside and the doorbell has been half pulled off the wall. There is just a general sense of the place having been roughly treated. If we were to return, we would not stay here. But would probably check out places like the Holiday Inn. There, you might have to put up with road noise but it would still be a better stay. And, at $160 per night, Sunnyvale certainly isn't good value. You can d better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in TwentyNine Palms, CA, just minutes outside the main entrance to the world's largest military base, Twentynine Palms U.S. Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC). The MCAGCC marine base is only 4 ½ miles to the north. This makes it perfect for 29 Palms military lodging. The 29 Palms entrance to Joshua Tree National Park, one million acres of unspoiled Mojave Desert wilderness is located about three miles to the south. Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel is conveniently situated central to the 29 Palms shopping and dining. Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel offers the only fully furnished hotel accommodations in Twentynine Palms, including all services and amenities one would expect at any fine hotel. Our junior, one and two bedroom suites are over-sized and roomy. They are beautifully decorated with an eclectic style of new and early 20th-century furnishings. Every spacious executive suite is fully equipped from A to Z: kitchens, high speed internet (wired and wireless), 24” or 27” TV and DVD players. Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel is the only “extended stay hotel” lodging in 29 Palms, however we welcome many overnight guests as well. Our large one and two bedroom suites are excellent for group meeting and gatherings. The extra comfort we offer will be very much appreciated after a long day of work, or a full day of hiking, rock climbing or just plain adventure in the Joshua Tree National Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyvale Garden Hotel Twentynine Palms
- Sunnyvale Garden Twentynine Palms