Check out this place! It's wonderful, with friendly management, good rates and a totally unique look outside. The owner has obviously invested a lot of work in preparing the grounds, with desert plants, winding walkways and "Old West" bric-a-brac. Each unit is very private, with a little patio and barbecue. The units are really small apartments, designed for long-term stay. Each has a full kitchen, with utensils and equipment. We stayed 3 nights and did not want to cook, so most of the kitchen amenities were not used by us. The bathroom is small with an overhead shower spigot, which is not my favorite style. No tub. The main negative to the place is that it is not a walkable distance to anything else in town. But then, the whole town of 29 Palms is widely spread out and not made for walking. There is no real "downtown" or central business section. If you are prepared to eat in, or to drive out whenever you want to eat or get a drink, then this place will do fine. It certainly struck us as far more "homey", friendly, and certainly more unique than anything else along the highway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in TwentyNine Palms, CA, just minutes outside the main entrance to the world's largest military base, Twentynine Palms U.S. Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC). The MCAGCC marine base is only 4 ½ miles to the north. This makes it perfect for 29 Palms military lodging. The 29 Palms entrance to Joshua Tree National Park, one million acres of unspoiled Mojave Desert wilderness is located about three miles to the south. Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel is conveniently situated central to the 29 Palms shopping and dining. Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel offers the only fully furnished hotel accommodations in Twentynine Palms, including all services and amenities one would expect at any fine hotel. Our junior, one and two bedroom suites are over-sized and roomy. They are beautifully decorated with an eclectic style of new and early 20th-century furnishings. Every spacious executive suite is fully equipped from A to Z: kitchens, high speed internet (wired and wireless), 24” or 27” TV and DVD players. Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel is the only “extended stay hotel” lodging in 29 Palms, however we welcome many overnight guests as well. Our large one and two bedroom suites are excellent for group meeting and gatherings. The extra comfort we offer will be very much appreciated after a long day of work, or a full day of hiking, rock climbing or just plain adventure in the Joshua Tree National Park! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Sunnyvale Garden Suites Hotel - Joshua Tree National Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyvale Garden Hotel Twentynine Palms
- Sunnyvale Garden Twentynine Palms