Our travels in the US have shown us that people who live in the desert southwest are a little "different" and this motel compliments our observations. We were surprised to find so many chain hotels in Twentynine Palms until the owner of the Harmony Motel explained the region's economic drivers - the military and the national park.
We found the Harmony Motel via Tripadvisor back in the summer while planning our fall vacation. The place sounded just like what we were looking for and it did not disappoint. We wanted to experience the desert, not just drop into it each morning and you don't get that at many chain hotels. The Harmony Motel is the opposite and it's pretty neat.
We booked Room # 6 at the end. It is a king room with a separate kitchen. It was more like staying at a friend's cottage than a motel room. It is an eclectic mix of mis-matched stuff but it all works - there was everything we needed (stove, oven, microwave, coffee-maker, toaster, etc.) plus giant wine glasses. The morning sun fills the room and an industrial sized heater warmed the room up nicely. Enjoying morning coffee outside while watching the desert come to life was great.
The manager/host couldn't have been nicer, the hot tub was great (just like the other reviews say) and there is a common room with internet access. The only things we would have changed would have been the showerhead (it was more like standing in a car wash than a shower) and adding a comfy chair for evening relaxing.
We thought the Harmony Motel was a great find and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harmony Motel is less than two miles away from the headquarters of the historical Joshua Tree National Park and is just one mile away from the trailhead entrance of the landmark 49 Palms Oasis, one of the five oases of the National Park. At Harmony, guests will find themselves just minutes away from rockclimbing and hiking excursions in and around Joshua Tree and Twentynine Palms. The motel is less than one mile away from the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps (USMC) military base and is less than two miles away from Sky's The Limit, the local nature observatory. The motel offers competitive and affordable rates for a home away from home stay in Twentynine Palms. The motel has eight units. Five units have full kitchenettes, and one unit is a cabin -- a great option for guests looking for more of an AirBnB vacation rental accomodation with privacy. The rooms are simple, warmly decorated, and large with high ceilings. Each room comes fully furnished and equipped with heating and cooling units. Motel guests have access to a large refreshing swimming pool with an adjacent hot tub/jacuzzi that allows beautiful views for stargazing under the dark desert skies. The Harmony Motel has a library that provides free Internet service, books, and magazines. Adjacent to the library is a common area in which guests are treated to complimentary coffee each morning. Guests may also access this area to prepare your own light meals as utensils and appliances are provided for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Harmony Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harmony Hotel Twentynine Palms
- Harmony Motel Twentynine Palms