This is a quaint, authentic, somewhat rustic motel along Highway 62, a mile or two west of the town of Twentynine Palms. The main entrance of the Joshua Tree National Park is located about 3 miles east of here.
I found the room, and the entire premises, to be clean and in good working order. The room is large with one king-sized bed with clean, comfortable sheets and blankets. There is a television and wi-fi internet access. Ash, the manager, was friendly and helpful, but not invasive at all (which can sometimes be an issue at small hotels). Every morning I enjoyed a cup of coffee (included in the price) in a small common kitchen and dining area, because my unit did not have a kitchenette.
It is no-doubt true that the shower is small, as has been noted by others. But it was clean and the water was hot (after a minute or two of warming up). It is also true that the hotel sits right along Highway 62 and there is a constant stream of traffic driving by. Almost all other motels here are adjacent to Hwy 62.
I highly recommend this hotel to fellow travelers who want a more personal, unique experience as compared to, say, the Best Western just down the road. By the way, the price was excellent as compared to other motels in the area. If you want a place that is cool, and just a bit different than the norm, then stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harmony Motel is less than two miles away from the headquarters of the historical Joshua Tree National Park and is just one mile away from the trailhead entrance of the landmark 49 Palms Oasis, one of the five oases of the National Park. At Harmony, guests will find themselves just minutes away from rockclimbing and hiking excursions in and around Joshua Tree and Twentynine Palms. The motel is less than one mile away from the Twentynine Palms Marine Corps (USMC) military base and is less than two miles away from Sky's The Limit, the local nature observatory. The motel offers competitive and affordable rates for a home away from home stay in Twentynine Palms. The motel has eight units. Five units have full kitchenettes, and one unit is a cabin -- a great option for guests looking for more of an AirBnB vacation rental accomodation with privacy. The rooms are simple, warmly decorated, and large with high ceilings. Each room comes fully furnished and equipped with heating and cooling units. Motel guests have access to a large refreshing swimming pool with an adjacent hot tub/jacuzzi that allows beautiful views for stargazing under the dark desert skies. The Harmony Motel has a library that provides free Internet service, books, and magazines. Adjacent to the library is a common area in which guests are treated to complimentary coffee each morning. Guests may also access this area to prepare your own light meals as utensils and appliances are provided for your use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Harmony Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harmony Hotel Twentynine Palms
- Harmony Motel Twentynine Palms