“average Motel; fair price”

El Rancho Dolores Motel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights in the Motel "El Rancho Dolores". The room we slept in was big enough to lay out our suitcases beside the bed.
The cleanliness of the room is acceptable.
If you have any questions, the employees at the reception help anythime.
The location of the Motel is near the North entrance of the Joshua Tree Nationalpark.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
elrancho29palm, Webmaster at El Rancho Dolores Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing El Rancho Dolores Motel for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received our commendation concerning the cleaning job they did.

• Reception staff received our commendation concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at El Rancho Dolores Motel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I saw this hotel and thought I would give it a try since I was traveling by myself and more interested in Joshua Tree NP.

First room I got was horrible. There were "unclassified hairs" all over the sheets - stains on the sheets, and burn holes in the cover blanket. It was late so I just went to the front desk for new sheets which I was given - my next mistake was removing the mattress top cover to change the sheets. The mattress protector was full of stains and hairs - no way could I sleep here.

My next room given to me that night was only marginally better. It was a room close to the road, so outside noise was very high. The door dead bolt did not work and my shower nozzle also sparyed more water sideways then down onto you. There was also a strange 8" circular hole in the carpet with a matching loose piece of carpet covering. I can imagine this was a burn hole, but at least put some backing down and glue the piece down. Both my rooms were smoking even though I requested non - hotel could use the investment of some carpet freshener or a bottle of fabreeze.

All in all, not impressed for the 60 dollar a night charge. I get it, your right next to a National Park - please just don't rip us off because of this. Allot of international people come here to visit and leave with impressions - take some pride!

Would gladly pay the extra few dollars to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the shower and of the broken dead bolt on the door of the room assigned to you and instructed to repair them.

As you can see, your review was acted upon. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at El Rancho Dolores Motel. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed April 13, 2008

I was very displeased and disgusted with the room that I was given. The room number is 124, and at three in the morning, my fiance and I got a rude awakening by rodents in the wall and in the closet. You could see where the rodents had knawed at the door and had made a hole in the wall. Since it was three in the morning, we didn't feel up to moving rooms. I brought it up to the manager's attention that there were rodents and pests in that particular room and something needed to be done about it. He asked me why didn't I call the front desk and request a different room. My reply was, who would want to move rooms at three in the morning? He did nothing to correct the situation. I will never stay at this motel ever again. Very poor management.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
elrancho29palm, Webmaster at El Rancho Dolores Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the El Rancho Dolores Motel for your recent visit to our area.

I am horrified to hear of your terrible experience during your stay. Immediate steps were taken to rectify the condition of this room upon receipt of your review.

Maintenance was notified and steps were taken to remove the rodents. Orders were given to check to see that this problem is not also in other rooms. This is not the kind of condition we want our valued guests to experience when they stay here.

Housekeeping staff was also notified and received additional training in what we expect from them in the way of proper cleanliness in the rooms and maintaining the standards which we have set.

We also spoke to the manager about what had happened and he received additional training in his responsibility in seeing to it that the rooms are maintained properly.

Again, I am very sorry that this happened to you. We do appreciate your taking the time to fill out a review and let us know about it. It is because of guests like you that we are able to maintain the standards which we have set for ourselves.

I hope that you will stay at the El Rancho Dolores Motel the next time you are in our area. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed April 4, 2008

The service at the front desk was very pleasant. The rooms are very clean and new renovations seemed to have been made to the furniture and bedding. Very cost efficient for a family with kids....there were many things to see and do in the area.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed April 3, 2008

I come travel through 29 Palms about once a month and stay at various hotels. The El Rancho Dolores Motel is one of the best in the area. They have newly remodeled rooms and the staff is extremely friendly.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I have stayed at this motel in the past, and compare to my recent visit. I have noticed that this motel has gone some new renovations. The carpet, furniture, and the bedding have all been changed. They even got new A/C units which is a real plus in the Desert.

The staff on the property was very helpful in every way. Rooms felt nice, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank citerrell
Reviewed March 27, 2007

me and my husband stayed here and it was nasty , not pleasent experience, the toilets were hard to flush or didnt flush through at all i felt like its going to overflow, the towels are like rags they feel like sand paper when you try to dry yourself off. my husband and i was laying on the bed and we felt like its going to brake then it fell apart, then when we decided to do laundry the machine cost us 1.25 to wash and 1 dollar to dry, we put the done clothes in the dryer and it still didnt dry so we had to put extra dollar and its still didnt dry. then the housekeepers are talking in their language so i dint know what they were saying towards me or maybe even something not nice.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank abbosgirl

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the El Rancho Dolores Motel for your recent stay in our area.

I am very sorry that you found the rooms to be nasty and the towels to be ragged and uncomfortable feeling. This is certainly not the way in which

we intend our rooms to be maintained. We expect the housekeeping staff to meet the high standards of cleanliness which we have set and they have received additional training concerning this since the receipt of your review. We have a large supply of towels and washcloths that are in proper condition and there was no reason for you to receive anything but the best we have to offer.

Maintenance was notified about the problem with the toilet and the dryer and steps were made to see that both problems were eliminated.

We also spoke to both housekeeping and maintenance about checking to make sure that the beds are maintained in proper condition. I’m sure having the bed fall apart on you was a very unpleasant experience for both you and your husband.

We spoke to our staff people for whom English is a second language and asked that they, as a curtsey to our valued guests, speak in English when they are in the same area as our guests.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will again stay at the El Rancho Dolores Motel. I think you will be greatly pleased.