Rodeway Inn & Suites 29 Palms near Joshua Tree National Park
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Twentynine Palms
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were well-treated by the staff and enjoyed a predictable but satisfying free breakfast. The room was large and clean, with a good shower and a soft bed. Didn't care much for the decor. Lighting was not great. I found one burned-out bulb and took it to the front desk. The lone clerk cannibalized a smaller replacement bulb from another room and brought it to me to install.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2012

short notice trip to visit kids and grandkids.
drove all night from Phoenix, arrived about 5:30 AM.
decided we'd stop by and "reserve" a room for saturday night.
we were able to check in, offered access to the breakfast bar and coffee.
VERY VERY nice folks.

When we returned that afternoon for a nap( yea, we're that old), the room was very clean.
frankly - a notch up from our previous visits.

YES, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Room and hotel is very stylish. Would have given it a higher rating but found some issues. First, when entering room, while very nice looking, things are missing which you normally find like pad of paper and pen by the phone. Nothing about the hotel and its services nor about the area. Second issue was we found a bug on each day of our 2 day stay in the bathroom, my wife caught one and I got the other one, a gruesome looking thing which I had no idea what it was. Third issue was while room had a decent sized flat panel tv it was setup in a very odd way. All but the few HD channels used just a small porting of the screen, in some cases, a very small part of the screen with black all around the smallish picture. None of the setup bottons on the remote did anything. If we went back to the area I might give this place another try or might try the place next door which is owned by the same company and was $20/night cheaper.

Room Tip: While we had a room facing the main road through town it was still quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family stayed here while welcoming our Marine home from Afghanistan. Staff was friendly rooms were clean and breakfast was great. It is a great place to stay for the price. On our way back through we stayed again and would book this hotel if we ever come back for another visit.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank travel5223
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Nothing special, but a clean, modern property at a good price. Only drawback was that the included continental breakfast was pretty bad. A good choice for visiting nearby Joshua Tree NP. The warm cookies at the front desk are a nice touch. Do not confuse this hotel with the very rustic 29 Palms Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skeptic2241
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The room as clean, staff was helpful, breakfast was much better than most, pool was great, very quiet even on a holiday weekend. Only negatives were the bathroom. The door was heavy and hard to open. The lights in there were not on a motion sensor, nor was the switch illuminated. An annoyance in the middle of the night. The shower head was set way too high, even for a 6 footer. If I were ever going to be in this area again, I would have no qualms about staying here.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our visit to 29 Palms was an overnight stay on our way to Joshua Tree National Park. This hotel is clean, but had a few problems which really didn't bother us too bad.

The problems I noted were: the ironing board's feet were bent so bad I had to hold up the board while I ironed a shirt.. There was pink mold on the shower head, dead bugs were in the shower light, the towel holder was bent, there were 2 bath towels in the room (this was adequate, but I prefer to have a couple extra - just in case), the lamp shade had a few small holes in it, but my biggest complaint was the bird/duck feathers in the pool.

We arrived after a day of sight seeing and driving and were looking forward to a swim and a dip in the hot tub. Both are outside. When I went to check out the pool, there were bird or duck feathers covering the entire top of the water, along with on the concrete surrounding the pool area. I didn't notice feathers in the hot tub. I noticed a net which I could have used to clean the pool, but decided I didn't want to get in the water afterall. The next morning I noticed a staff person was cleaning the pool.

The staff at this hotel was very nice and we mentioned our concerns upon leaving and they said they appreciated us bring the issues to their attention and would check on things. There was a microwave and nice size refrigerator in the room. Lighting in the bathroom was great.

The complimentary breakfast was very good: biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, yogurt, toast, cereal, bagels, juice, coffee, etc.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple