“High quality food, low price”
Review of Palm Kabob House

Palm Kabob House
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: An unexpected find in an out-of-the-way place. The entry point for Joshua Tree National Park, 29 Palms is also known for its Marine base. For some reason, Middle-Eastern folks who really know how to cook have landed there. They serve plenty of kabobs, kafta & shawarma; we stuck with the vegetarian food: lemon lentil soup, roasted cauliflower salad, and the absolutely best stuffed grape leaves I've ever eaten. Easy to say, I know, but seriously, these people understand how to spice food in a way that's both subtle and complex. A very satisfying meal.
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just as the other reviewers mentioned, there is zero ambience here. The food is good, fresh and inexpensive and I highly recommend having a meal here when you're visiting 29 Palms.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We enjoyed this restaurant. There's not a whole lot to choose from in Twentynine Palms but we were glad we gave this place a try. There weren't many people there although it was a Friday night at dinnertime. I was worried that the food may not be fresh. The menu has so many choices too, I always wonder how a smaller volume restaurant can offer so many choices and not waste a lot of food.

We tried pasta dishes as well as middle eastern food. Everything was tasty. It wasn't the best hummus I'd ever had but not bad. The salads were great and the presentation nice.

Again, the outside, inside, etc NOTHING special, but the food is worth a visit.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Fabulous kebabs, massive portions, friendly service. Only found through trip advisor. would highly reccomend.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

If you’ve read through the reviews on the various restaurants in Twentynine Palms, you’ve no doubt noticed a common theme of simple interiors and a general lack of ambience. I can’t disagree with those observations, but while atmosphere does add a great deal to a dining experience, as a customer you do end up paying extra for that. When it comes right down to it, what do you remember most about eating out? Generally, it’s how the food tasted, how well you were treated, and the value you received. The Palm Kabob House scores well on three counts.

The restaurant is located on Adobe Road (headed toward the Marine base) about two blocks north of the intersection with Highway 62. Parking is on the street.

The portions here are generous – the kabob plates come with a choice of soup or salad, with grilled vegetables, saffron rice, hummus and pita on the side. My wife’s chicken kabob was flavorful while my lamb kabob was tender and not at all gamey. The tabouli that we shared was wonderfully fresh.

This appears to be a family-owned business, and they seem to take pride in the quality of the food they serve. They also provided friendly and helpful service. We have no qualms in recommending the Palm Kabob House to our fellow TripAdvisor members!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had dinner here on a recent trip through Twentynine Palms as part of a trip through Joshua Tree National Park. The restaurant is on a side street near a laundry and somewhat hard to find in the dark. The decor inside is lacking at best. That being said, the waitress was very polite and seated us right away (no one else was there). Service was surprisingly slow considering by that point only one other group had arrived. We started with hummus and pita chips, which was excellent and fairly priced. We chose pita sandwiches (1 falafel & 1 chicken kabob), both of which were very good and a chicken kabab salad, which my husband loved. Overall, we would not suggest going out of your way to eat here, but if you are staying in Twentynine Palms and looking for a non-fastfood restaurant with good quality, reasonably priced food, this is a good option.