“bistro 29 palms”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Maryland
“bistro 29 palms”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I have been looking for a place to eat here in 29 palms that is consistant and not horrible. I have eaten at many of the other restaurants but this one takes the cake. The service was great. The bread that was served to the table was warm and moist and delicious. The food was spot on and looked great. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing. I had the best halibut fish fry that i have ever tasted, followed by some great chocolate cake. I was surprised to find out that the fish is shipped from alaska, and all of the food is make or marinated in the restaurant. It is great to have a place to go that doesn't serve a lot of processed foods. I look foreward to coming back again soon. I also got a chance to talk to the chef who was very kind and told me that the menu is expanding to include a couple of more vegetarian dishes. Exciting. For a great experience i would definitely recommend taking your friends and family out to the bistro for dinner.

2 Thank Average_jay

California
“Bistro Twentynine”
Reviewed May 30, 2009

New restaurant in Twentynine Palms - excellent food and the wine list has a great selection of wines by the glass. All the staff very friendly, although the service a little uneven - not as attentive as they could have been. I would've had another glass of wine if someone had asked!

We heard about this restaurant from a fellow hiker in Joshua Tree National Park, and it was certainly a great suggestion!

The decor is warm and modern - when you walk in, you swear you are in a more metropolitan area, not the desert.

We had a late dinner, so shared several dishes, including the gingered calamari to start with- a yummy variation on traditional calamari appetizer. The pork chop was grilled to perfection with mashed sweet potatos that we fought over! We also had the mac and cheese - really one of the best I've had in recent memory. Dessert was a hard choice, but we split the panna cotta, which was a good choice for ending our late night feast.

2 Thank BothAlmostRetired