“Bistro is the best place in town!”
Review of Bistro Twenty Nine

Bistro Twenty Nine
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We work in 29p regularly and Bistro doesn't get old. Whether you eat at the bar or table, food and drinks are great.
The owner has an Alaskan tie and if you are lucky you may also get some fresh Alaskan seafood. He also has his own greenhouse and always serves fresh veggies and tomatoes.
Other favorites include stroganoff and grilled, thick pork chops. Deserts are always good and they serve good booze.
Don't be late, they do close promptly at 9pm daily.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner with my boss,her co worker, and my co worker last night. I had the flat iron steak which was the best medium rare steak I've had in a long time. I plan on taking my wife there for dinner soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The high desert of SoCal is not renown as a gourmet destination, so our expectations to find quality food were pretty low. Yet we were pleasantly surprised when we had dinner at the Bistro 29, as food, drinks and service were exceeding our expectations by far. So we went there another evening just to verify our experience and left satisfied again.

1  Thank RGerman
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar was good, but the food and service was downhill from there. I ordered prime rib medium rare for my New Years dinner. When it arrived it was brown on both sides like it was cooked in a pan after it was cut, and it was served with pure horseradish because they don't have horse radish sauce. I requested some sour cream to mix with the horseraddish and they were out at 6 pm! I tried 1 bite and decided I would like something else because it was bland and cost $28!!!

The blonde hostess, who is also the manager, gave me the stink eye when I asked for a brisket sandwich instead, and she told me the prime rib was brown because it was dipped in aujuice before it was plated. She grabbed my plate and stomped off with a sour look on her face.

My girlfriend and I decided to cancel the order and pay the bill. When the waitress asked my girlfriend if she wanted a to go box for the Mac and cheese she said, "no thanks I lost my appetite" and the waitress responded "good." We were both very upset and paid $50 for our appetizers and wine and left. As we were walking out the blonde manager had to rub salt in the wound of an already ruined night and said "nobody has ever complained about the prime rib before." ZERO customer service. Instead of smiling and offering to fix the order, they gave us dirty looks and blunt rude comments. At least they didn't charge us for the prime rib.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner here on a Saturday night after a full day of hiking (we were still in our hiking attire and did not make reservations).
Regardless, the service was first class for us.

The menu has old favorites and new seasonals. The wine list has great variety, many bottles at $21-$26. The food is savory and satisfying. The decor is nice and welcoming.

We had an appetizer, 2 entrees, a dessert, and a bottle of red wine for under $90 including tip.