“Far Below Expectations”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The service was terrible. We initially went because The Rib Co. had some good reviews and because they were a dog-friendly place that had outdoor seating. The outdoor seating was a handful of tables in the front of the main highway without any shade. Twentynine Palms is a scorching hot place (triple digits) and it was too hot to sit outside until the sun had gone down. No one approached us about a table when we arrived so my husband went in to get an outdoor table and immediately got major attitude from the waitress who said she saw us and knew we wanted a table. So why didn't she come out and seat us then? We then told her we wanted to sit outside with our little dog and all she said was it would be fine as long as there wasn't barking and the other patrons were okay. Whatever. She must have realized what an imbecile she was being because then she spent the rest of the meal trying to be super-over-the-top-fake nice (minus the time she left the restaurant without leaving someone else to take care of our order). From one extreme to another. And that's on top of the bland meal. The BBQ sauce I get from the grocery store had more flavor than that served by The Rib Co. One more thing. The seating area was next to the barbecuing area (scorching weather plus this) and I happened to catch the grilling guy actually eat some of the meat he was supposed to be grilling! For the prices they charge, I expected more in terms of service, taste and hygiene.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I went with my son and we both had excellent steaks. I started with 8 stuffed jalapenos that were hot and tasty and he loved the onion rings. We left there happy and full to bursting.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for dinner as we are driving cross country and saw the Rib Co sign. Great choice ! Amazing ribs and steak. Toni was our server and took good care of us! Love this place!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Rib Co. had good food, but the price is crazy. The best is the potato nachos. We went here two times. The first time we went we had a good experience. The second time we went it was just okay. They had a special on the ribs, and the ribs were cold and the taste was plain. I truly expected better ribs. Oh and they put BBQ sauce on my ribs w/o asking.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Visited twice during our stay--a very basic setting with a homecooked type menu. On the first visit, we had to try the ribs, of course, and got a huge platter for two for $30 with about 8 gernerous racks of ribs prepared in all their flavors. The second visit was for the prime rib special and I had their meatloaf. Very good flavors, huge portions, great friendly service, & good prices, too! Would not hesitiate to visit again.