“Friendly Family Pansion Lovely Place”

Guesthouse Pansion Robi Medjugorje
Ranked #3 of 131 Medjugorje B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here in early June, my family including my disabled sister and my little nearly 4 years old daughter. Owners are very kind and helpful. We felt welcomed and just very comfortable. Even though the property is under construction, all the guest areas were kept clean. Very clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Bathrooms also very clean, modern & spacious. Owners helpful to provide information, arrange transport etc. Husband speaks fluent English, wife less so but she tries her best to communicate well; no problems with communication.The dining area with tea making, cooking facilities is open 24 hours and is spacious and clean, and pilgrims dont have to worry that if they return late from their mountain treks whether they would be able to refresh themselves with drink of tea or water. The property is located slightly away from the town centre and is tricky to get to without a car, nevertheless is easily to access via taxi(only 5 Euro anywhere in town). The pansion is located by very busy road, however the conditions of the property and wonderful welcome from the hosts compensates for anything. I would definitely stay there again and I would definitely recommend to friends and other pilgrims.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank anna s

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This Pansion was the first we stayed in in Bosnia Herzegovina and was a great introduction to the warmth of the people of this lovely country.

We arrived at night and couldn't find the Pansion, I asked in a shop in town for directions and the lady rang the Pansion, within five minutes the owner arrived at the shop to take us to the Pansion.

The owner was an absolute delight. He told us a little about the area, and made us feel very welcome. The room was basic but very comfortable, we stayed in a twin room with ensuite facilities. It was extremely clean.

We decided to have breakfast for 4 euro's and it was 4 euro's well spent.

I would definately recommend this Pansion to anyone who wants to stay in a very welcoming Pansion on their visit to Medjugorje.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lawmert
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Vinko with Family are THE BEST !!!VERY KIND and FRIEDLY!!!
l was there 3 night .13-16-02-2012.l had amazing time ,and very impressed with what l received from Vinko nad his Family .Pansion is very nice !location 15 mins to Church so when you walk there you can pray !Vinko's wife cooked very good brekfast and any time l back l can do my tea .100%l going to recommend that Pansion .
Vinko thank you for everything! ,l'll definitly stay there again .

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank piotr p
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Vinko and his family made our firts trip to Medjugorje very enjoyable. we felt that we belong to his wonderful family. The rooms are clean, nice and the food is excellent. Vinko has arranged a bus to pick us up at Dubrovnik airport, the driver was very nice. He stopped us at very beautiful stops to admire the beautiful views. Vinko is always ready to offer us some help and direction. He also arranged a wonderful guide for us. Because of the snow, the same bus that came to pick us up at the airport, also me came to bring us to different places we choose to go. For the return, Vinko personaly came to pick us up without charge.
This place is more than we all expected, we will come back again in the future.

Thank you Vinko and your family, may God bless you and your family,

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Dan N
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I was there just one night but the Pansion is very nice, in a quite place and the staff is great. The staff is really kind and willing and help me a lot in my weekend trip!They will give you information and whatever you need. The room are nice, clean and warm. Really nice I suggest it to everyone!The place is not far away from the center and it is located in a very beautiful and romantic area, when I open the window this morning outside there where colorful vineyard.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Ilaria U
Reviewed January 20, 2011

As a first time solo traveler to Medjugorje arriving at 9pm on a winter night, what could be the most welcome sight? It is a car waiting at the deserted bus station to take you to the hotel with a cheerful driver who also happens to be the owner of Pansion Robi. The little hotel is situated in a quiet spot amidst a lovely scenery just about 15 mins walk from St. James Cathedral at the center of the town. The hotel is new, has all the basic amenities, not the plush one you may want to expect and its facade was still being improved when I got there. Homely and warm -- the warmth comes from the family who lives in it with two, soon three, little playful boys. Rooms are flexi - solo, couple or family, Pansion Robi has it. If you're the type who wants the ride instead of walk, the hotel will take and pick you up at your appointed time and place. Internet is free. The hospitality and warmth far exceed the money you spent for the duration of the stay. I wish I could go back to Medjugorje, a Catholic shrine, not only as an expression of my faith but also because I wanted to go back in a place where I am treated like a visiting member of the family. To Vinko and Ivana Barac, little Robert and Dario, you made my stay memorable. I hope to see you all again next year.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank MalouKandahar
Reviewed June 9, 2010

For two whole weeks I stayed with the family Barac, who runs this pansion, with all its heart. They really give you the feeling that you are most, most welcome. They will help you and do anything to make your stay as comfortable and nice, as possible!

The point of the far walk to the St. Jacovs church, was no problem at all, for me. When I go to the chapel here in Holland, Amsterdam, I walk in about 25 minutes, so the 20 minute walk in Medugorje, is just the same. And since I always pray the Rosary, walking to the chapel, I do the same here. Besides, the view is truly magnificent!!! You are able to see the Krizevac the whole walk, it helps me to pray and more, to pray with Him, He who watches of us.

The first few days, I wasn't able to find my way back in the evening and I would simply call Vinko and he would come and pick me up! Really very, very helpfull!!

Also, the rooms have radiators for cold nights! I only used it ones, but it's nice when you are unable to sleep because you are cold! Also, the extra blancet came in handy!

I found the bed very, very good! Being physically so tired at the end of the day, a good night sleep, makes you ready for the next day!

Another good point, I got a bedroom for two persons, all by myself, without payingextra.

The bathroom had a bathtub, very nice when you are tired after the days in church, at the crossmountain, the apparationhill, the hot sun. And always enough towels.

You can bring along you laptop and get free internet!

If you like, Vinko is able to pick you up from the busstation. Very nice too! After a long journey, or with a lot of luggage or when it's your first time to stay in Pansion Robi Really marvelous!

Like to do your laundry? I used to bathtub, but I also could have asked and they would have done it for me! Really, so helpfull!!!!

The door to go in, stayes open all night, so no worries about the time!

Payment for the room in Euro's? Yes, if that's what most convenient for you!

Youn don't need a flaslight when you walk back to the pansion, because there are lights on the road, all the way from the church!

Their motto is really to make your stay one to always remember!!!

What more can I say? It was my fourth time to Medugorje and the first time all by myself. I choose this pansion for its low costs and very good reviews and all that's been said, is really true!
This sommer I'm coming back and stay here for a whole month! Well, if that doesn't say enough, I wouldn't know what does!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo