“Spargelzeit!”
Review of Babenbergerhof

Babenbergerhof
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Modling
Description: Über unsere Küche Die Zutaten: Knackig frische Salate, fangfrische Fische, duftende Kräuter, saisonales Gemüse, zartes Frischfleisch und Geflügel von ausgesuchten heimischen Lieferanten und viel Liebe bei der Zubereitung. Unsere Weine kommen schwerpunktmäßig aus der Thermenregion und den besten Anbaugebieten Österreichs, ergänzt durch ein kleines, feines internationales Angebot.
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I was told about Spargelzeit while on my plane ride from the states. Spargelzeit is the white asparagus season in Austria and Germany. With green asparagus being my favorite vegetable, I had to try this white asparagus that was new to me and that I am told is a delicacy in this part of the world. While asking some local friends where I could find this, I was referred to Babenbergerhof. They did indeed have the dish I was craving and prepared it wonderfully. Service was great, even with my limited German, I had no problem communicating with my waiter who spoke English very well. I did leave my teenage boys behind for this experience because they do not enjoy vegetables as much as I do, and the prices were a little more than I would want to pay for them to eat with me. That said, I was thoroughly satisfied with my lunch. The views of the center of town while I ate my lunch made the experience even more memorable. I can't speak to any of their other dishes, but if you happen to be in the area during Spargelzeit, I highly recommend to stop in an give this dish a try.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed January 9, 2018

This restaurant is an excellent mix of Austrian specialities (Tafelspitz, Backhendl, Schnitzel, etc.) and other delightful meals, i.e. deer, goose legs. Also, vegetarian menus are available for those people interested. Cheeses and desserts not to be neglected.

Date of visit: December 2017
Babenbergerhof_Rest, Leiter Front Office at Babenbergerhof, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

:) Many thanks!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

I am not particularly fond of the service. It is decent but not warm or seems to like their jobs. But - I love their Esterhazy Schnitte. So everytime I pass by I stop to get myself this delicious cake. Breakfast tastes well and can be recommended. Not sure about the hotel, I never stayed there, so no comments on that.

Date of visit: November 2017
Babenbergerhof_Rest, Leiter Front Office at Babenbergerhof, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Dear Grisu,
Thanks a lot for you time to gave us feedback.
We´r sorry for your feeling about our staff during your stay.
Every day we try to give our best for our guests and this is also a part of our philosophie, we are sad that we did not succeed at this time...
Hopefully see you soon at the Babenbergerhof having our Esterhazy Schnitte!
Best regards.

Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

I have been going to the Babenbergerhof for nearly 12 years.. set in a lovely village with Christmas market.. It really is a hidden gem.. Carl and the staff are very friendly, the food is great as are the refurbished rooms.. It’s like going from home to home... never had a bad stay there yet and have been about 50 times!!.. keep up the good work guys !!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed March 8, 2017

located in a 4-star hotel in the center of Mödling the restaurant offers a nice selection of typical Austrian food and a wide selection of wines.

Date of visit: March 2017