“the gansleit: simply awesome”
Review of Hotel Gaensleit

Hotel Gaensleit
Ranked #3 of 37 Soll B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2009

just returned from a weeks holiday over the christmas period staying at the gansleit,we are a group of ten(6 adults,1 teenager,1 near teenager and 2 children) and i have to say we had the most fantastic time,everything from the moment we arrived to the moment we left was fantastic. Steve and rosi along with hans and the rest of the family make your stay totally memorable combining great efficient service with fun and friendliness that you rarely encounter these days.The hotel is immaculately clean, the food is excellent and lovingly cooked,the wellness area is beautifully appointed,the bar area cozy and homely,in short unless you are the fussiest person on this planet this place is faultless,almost to the point that the skiing became almost secondary!! Congratulations steve and rosi on your lovely hotel and many thanks again for making our christmas holiday so memorable. Oh, and i must reccomend the ski hosting with steve,you will get to see and ski runs you otherwise might not do with a great guy who even with a large group of varied abilities maintains care and caution without ever losing the element of fun.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 1, 2009

I stayed in this hotel with family in the summer, the weather was very warm and the area was stunning. The family that run the hotel and lovely, and were so kind and helpful. The meals were lovely and there was always a choice on the menu.
The rooms were very traditional and cozy.
Soll is beautiful and the people are so friendly. There are many tours which can be arranged in the area aswell.
The apple strudel is lush aswell!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Ireland has a reputation of being the land of a thousand welcomes but I think a little bit of Austria could take its title. Its been a long time since I've experienced such hospitality on a holiday. Steve and Rosie were warm and welcoming from start to finish and were so helpful to me on my first venure at sking and the incessant moaning that accompanies this extreme sport ahem!. We stayed half board and we were so impressed with our breakfast and our 3 course evening meal. The rooms are lovely and again all the staff were very accommodating. I would have no hestation in recommending this hotel to anybody couples, groups or people with children.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Gansleit during a recent skiing holiday in Soll booked through Crystal. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and also given a welcome schnapps to get us into the holiday spirit. Our room was compact but had a nice balcony, but as far as I'm concerned when I'm on a skiing holiday I'm only in my room to sleep.
During the week it was our wedding anniversary and I asked the owners Steve and Rosi if he could put a bottle of champagne on our table for our evening meal. Not only did they do that but they also decorated our table and gave us an anniversary card, it was little touches like that that made the hotel special.
The food was excellent normally four courses each night and on occasions I could not finish what was put in front of me, I also enjoyed the company from the three other couples that were at our table. Also top marks to the hotel for the wellness centre that was very welcoming at the end of a days skiing. Another outstanding point for myself was that the hotel was totally non smoking.
Overall a cracking little hotel, I can understand why people keep going back every year.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We were a group of 6 adults that stayed at the Gansleit for the 1st week of March and the experience was fantastic. Steve and his wife Rosi, as well as all the other staff are first class at making you feel very welcome and nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are spotless, and there is a variety of meals you can choose from. You can also have a cooked breakfast if you ask. The walk into town is only 5 minutes away and the ski lifts are not far. You can catch the ski bus right opposite the hotel if you want. The snow has been so good this year that you could ski back to the hotel. The access to the different ski runs are also brilliant. There is also a really good tobbogon run that lasts 3k and it only costs 5 euros to hire one for the day. Great fun for kids and adults. Overall a great location and will be back again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We have just come back from a weeks skiing in Soll where we stayed at the Gansleit. The hotel is very homely and clean. Steve and Rosi are very accommodating and make you feel part of the family. The rooms are basic but very clean and the shower was great - lovely and warm after a hard days skiing!! The only thing that I could grumble about is prob a lack of English TV channels, but then I guess that you're not on hoilday to watch TV all night!

I think it's also a good idea that they mix you up in the evening - this way we met some lovely people with whom we skied and had apres ski with in the night. The food is good and home cooked - you get a choice of 3 main meals in the evening, plus soup, salad and dessert.... I can also recommend the dark beer - very tasty!

The amount of skiing is amazing, although we didnt cover much due to the snow dumping down for most of our stay... at point we were skiing with snow over our knees! I would definately return to this hotel.... especially as it has special memories there for me as my boyfriend proposed on the slopes!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I spent one week in the Gansleit early Feb '09. 1st ski hol so didnt know what to expect. The staff are most helpful and friendly and we were met by the host who gave each of us a complimentary schnapps to warm us up.

Rooms are warm and cosy with balcony's off most rooms, showers are fantastic. Food was grand although portions are not massive given the appetite from a days skiing.

Location wise you are not centrally located however you are a mere 5min walk from the Salvenstadl which we found to host the best Apres Ski and 5min home from the Whiskey Muhler (nightclub).

Several complimentary buses picked us up every morning and dropped us at the slopes. 2min walk behind the hotel is a swimming pool with outdoor pool....a must for anyone with aching limbs after a days skiing.

All in all a lovely cosy hotel which catered very well for all our needs. I would return again.

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)