“Second stay at the Gansleit”
Review of Hotel Gaensleit

Hotel Gaensleit
Ranked #2 of 37 Soll B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Returned to the Gansleit for the second time In March 2012 after a previous visit in 2010. Absolutely superb hotel and we will definately be returning in 2013. The rooms are excellent, clean, spacious and most have a balcony. If you are at the back you get a view of Hohe Salve and at the front, the Wilder Kaiser. Its in a great location, just a few minutes walk into the village centre so you can get a peaceful nights sleep. Its about 10 minutes walk to the lifts by walking out of the back of the hotel and past the panoramabad (which is a nearby spa/pool). You can leave your boots/skis at the lifts if you you want. However the bus stops right outside the hotel and its 2 minutes to the main lifts. You can ski back to the door, snow permitting via a cross country track, but it is slightly downhill, so you dont have to push yourself along too much! The Woods family make you feel really welcome and this really adds to the holiday. The food is really lovely, proper home cooked Austrian food by Rosi and Anna. I simply cannot understand how anyone can say they did not get enough food, utterley ridiculous! There is usually a salad starter, soup, a main course and a pudding, sometimes cheese also. The wines on the menu are superb. At breakfast there is fruit, nice breads, cereals, jams, cheese, ham and Rosi will cook you some eggs and bacon if you walk along to the kitchen. They are the tastiest eggs ever, very happy hens! The hotel has a great wellness area with a steam room, sauna, a spa bath and a relaxation area. You are given robes and towels - however its Austria, so bashful Brits need to remember to leave their costumes at home! All in all, a fab hotel, great location, excellent food - Steve, Rosi, Anna and Hans, see you in March 2013!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John A B

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I thought I was booking a room for three nights, but instead I became a member of the Family Woods for a brief and unforgettable stay in the beautiful village of Soll Austria. I wil be back to Soll and I will stay at this hotel again. Loved it! Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just got back from another amazing stay at the gaensleit Hotel (my forth).
One more its just like comming to my second home. the owners Steve and Rosie Woods plus Rosies Parents Hans and Anna always mke one feel like part of the family.
The food is always exellent (I always miss it if I stay elsewere in Austria).
I come here to chill out and relax from the stresses of everyday lief.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This has to be the best Hotel I have ever stayed at. From the moment we walked through the door we were welcomed, as if, part of the Woods family. Steve and Rosi Woods, the owners, couldn't do enough for my family (2 adults and 4 children). The food was the best I have experienced and the menu was never repeated. Rosi and Anni were superb chefs that produced food The rooms are roomy and very well maintained and all the facililities are superb. I even used the gym which has every piece of equipment you could ever need. The hotel is very child friendly and my young family loved the whole experience. We will be back just like other gets who were there with us. One couple had been coming since 1983 and another had their 10 year celebration whilst we were there. Steve and Rosi took time out of their busy schedule to walk 2 of my children down from Hexenwasser back to the hotel (1.5 hour walk) and I am sure the kids will remember this for a long time. There is so much to do in the area for kids we will be back for many years to come!!
The reviews on here say it all, If you are planning a trip to Austria then dont look any further than this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fraser M
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was our 14th visit to the Gansleit in 8 years. As usual great atmosphere and food. As soon as we walk through the door it's just like being at home, very friendly and relaxing. Ideal resort for families with children. Plenty of activities above the three villages of Soll, Scheffau and Ellmau, they seem to compete with each other in a light hearted way by adding new features every year. Plenty of walking and cycling routes(cycle hire), access to mountain tops by cable car is easy for those unable to walk. Breathtaking scenery for photography.
No yob culture, local people extremely friendly and helpful.
Steve and Rosi Woods and their family being ideal hosts, always eager to help, nothing is too much trouble, banter with the staff making the stay even more fun.
We've stayed at a number of places in Austria then we found home.
The vast majority of guests are returnees, every time we go whether it be winter or summer we meet someone who we've met there before so we renew old acquaintances.
Weather can be hot, it's not unusual to get 35-40 deg C one day then snow on the mountain tops the next, though that doesn't last.
Steve's guided bike rides and walks are excellent, he goes, quote, "as fast as the slowest person".
If you go, you'll go back.

Room Tip: It is generally quiet whichever room you have, corner rooms facing south get sun early morning.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our first visit to Austria in the summer,first visit to Soll and first to the Gaensleit.....and what can we say but perfect,perfect,perfect.We have travelled the world but this has to be one of the most stunning,breathetakingly beautful places I"ve ever seen.Hot and sunny,lakes,mountains,meadows,flowers,spotlessly clean,excellent service,wonderful food and hosts Steve and Rosi and family who know the true meaning of customer care.I could go on and on and I will.......can"t wait to return.Thanks again for the most wonderful holiday.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had never been to Austria before so didnt know what to expect. We chose Soll - best choice ever. Even if you aren't a walker/cyclist etc you can access tops of mountains very easily and the views are stunning.

The Gaensleit Hotel lived up to its previous reviews. It is a comfortable and relaxed hotel. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help. We found Steve to be an invaluable source of information and advice. We didnt go on his guided walk but from what I can gather it was excellent. We chose to go on his guided cycle ride - this was so good and we would never have found the route without him. Thank you Steve.

The food is of good quality and cooked well by Rosie and her mum. If you don't like something then tell them and they will give you an alternative e.g. I hate rice but hadnt realised that all I had to do was say and they would have given me something else!

We would highly recommend Soll and in particular this hotel. We would never go back to the same place twice - however in this case the exception will be made. It says something about the place when a couple staying there had been every year for 20 years!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304 which is quieter as its at the back. We had a corner room and the views were...