All reviews the heated outdoor pool evening meal spa area soup excellent salad bar main course flip flops steam room next year excellent hotel ski season gala dinner ski bus newer part high standard days skiing year after year
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

I return to the restaurant in this historic building often. It's always a good experience. The owners are very nice people, and they're clearly keen to make the food great and the experience a good one.

Clean. Good food. Centre of town.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ThePostwirt, Inhaber at Der Postwirt, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2019

Dear petesmile,
a warm Servus from Soll, thank you very much for your Kind review. We really do hope to welcome you back soon again.
Best regards from all of us,

Family Bliem and staff

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

We’ve just returned from a week Skiing in Söll Austria and had the good fortune to stay at the PostWirt hotel.
We were in the newer section of this famous old hotel and drinking spot. Everything from the staff, room, hotel facilities and food was superb. The spa area and heated outdoor pool were an unexpected extra.Position wise right in the heart of the village and within walking distance of the lifts although the free Ski bus stops right outside beside the hotel if you don’t fancy a morning walk.
Definitely the best Skiing hotel we’ve ever stopped in and that applies to the staff too. Looking forward to our next visit.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CedHull_UK
ThePostwirt, Manager at Der Postwirt, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Dear CedHull_UK
a warm Sevus from Soll. Thank you very much for your kind review.
It was a real pleasure reading your review and we do hope to welcome you back some day soon!

Dear CedHull_UK, once again thank you very much!

Best regards

Family Bliem & Team

Reviewed March 21, 2019

This is a fantastic hotel, the best in Soll as far as I am concerned and I've visited a few. The warm welcome, comfortable and spotless rooms, central location, seriously delicious meals in the beautiful restaurant, outdoor heated pool, steamroom and sauna, soft towels, excellent housekeeping, friendly service team, great value wine list, apres ski snacks in the afternoon, exemplary proficient reception team, the Postwirt in Soll has it all. Please keep up the good work and even though I won't be there next year our plans for 2021 are all revolved around returning to your hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
ThePostwirt, Inhaber at Der Postwirt, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Dear Lobster1974,
a warm Servus from Söll, thank you very much for your kind review and all the praises! We were very pleased to read your comment. We certainly will Keep up with our work and are looking forward welcoming you back again the year after then,
You certainly will be missed next winter!

Best regards from all of us

Family Bliem & team

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

There are two things I've always vowed not to do.

1. Write a review before the holiday is over.
2. Return to the same place twice. the world is big and there is lots to see.

as I am writing this from my bedroom of the very hotel, clearly I've already broken rule 1.

I would start by saying this holiday did not start out the best. We booked the holiday with Crystal flying from Edinburgh to Innsbruck. On arrival at Innsbruck airport it became obvious that the airline had lost my luggage. With my salappette in the suitcase, I began to stress I might not get on the slopes for the first day skiing but my fears were unfounded. Crystal reps are amazing and I have to give Laura a special mention and thank you for finding me a pair of sallopettes so we could get on the mountain first thing. She is always smiling, open for a chat and full of great advice about the local area. She even assisted with the lost luggage by dealing with the airport for us. She really is a massive credit to Crystal.

As for the hotel, we have stayed in many hotels and I think I could easily say this is probably the best we have ever stayed at. the reception staff are very friendly and always on hand to help out with any queries you may have. The bedroom is large with a nice balcony and great bathroom. ours had a rain shower (room 108). I'm not sure if all rooms have them. often in hotels the showers are very weak. not so here the water pressure is excellent. there is a small safe in the room and on the table in the room there is a jug for water and couple of glasses (nice touch).

The whole hotel is beautifully decorated And the dining room is no exception. the choice at breakfast is amazing and varies slightly each day. you can help yourself to all the usual suspects plus things like crepes, cake and even porridge. With your breakfast they give you a little newsletter with the days weather forecast, a daily puzzle and sheet to select your main course for that evening. for the evening meal you can have numerous buffet starters, soup and bread, the main of your choice (usually 1 fish dish, 1 regional dish, 1 international dish and 1 vegetarian dish) followed by a set dessert (or sometimes a buffet dessert).

My wife is a bit of a fussy eater so we expected to eat out a couple of nights but we shouldnt have worried. the food is always without exception excellent.

Often what can make or break a hotel is the staff and the staff in the restaurant are amazing. they are always cheary and will stop to chat but are never over bearing. I must extend a big thank you to everyone who worked in the restaurant for making our stay so enjoyable.

Another nice touch is the free tap water. you can help yourself to as much tap water as you want by filling a carafe from a tap in the restaurant.

every afternoon there is a snack available. we initially were disappointed to find it was hot food instead of a cake but to be honest the hot food was great to have after a day on the mountain skiing.

the hotel is centrally located in the village of Soll and although the village is small, it has all the facilities you could want. it is true that the hotel is too far to walk to the local gondola but the ski bus stops just outside the hotel, runs regularly in the morning and evening, is free and quick.

we decided to go to the Scheffau gondola one day and we used the local taxi service Stefan. He is quick to attend, reasonably priced and very friendly. His English is very good and although we had difficulty making ourselves understood on one occasion, I blame ourselves. embarrassingly, we know verry little German and Stefan is very patient with us for that.

the hotel facilities are great. there is an outdoor heated pool which even in winter is warm enough to swim about without feeling cold. there is also a great spa with various steam rooms, saunas and relaxation areas. the spa is for adults only and you must be naked when in the spa. there are clear signs on the door that advise guests of the fact. my only very slight negative is that the spa does not seem to be policed and during our visit there were a few people in the spa wearing swimwear (all Brits). more worryingly a couple came in with there 8ish year old son, left him in one of the saunas while they went into the steam room. it was only after they were pulled up by other guests that they left the spa area.

you can also go for a massage in the hotel. we hope to book this later in the week.

The Austrian people are without a doubt one of the friendliest people I have ever met. they are clearly very proud of there country and deservedly so. it is a stunning country.

not only have we fallen in love with Austria but also with the Postwirt and their staff. indeed, we are already talking about coming back again next year. and there goes my rule no.2

I would like to extend my big thank you to all the staff who have made this holiday a very special one.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 655brianr,
a warm Servus from Soll!
Thank you very much for your kind and very, very detailed review! Thank you for pointing out so many positive Things. We were all so happy to read your great review which is just the right Motivation to keep up with the hard work.

Dear 655brianr, I feel ashamed that my answer is not that detailed as your review but it is very much appreciated!

best regards from all of us

Family Bliem & team

Reviewed March 20, 2019

We have visited this restaurant countless times over the last 20 years or more. Slowly but surely things have got worse. We continued to visit, possibly out of a sense of nostalgia, possibly because occasionally they really upped their game and we'd have a pleasant surprise. No more! The selection on the menu was limited, very samey as almost everywhere else in the village. We had ordered and received drinks, so we waited for the waitress to return. On her return we politely advised her that we wouldn't be staying as the menu was not to our liking, the choice was really limited.

We still cannot believe her reaction. She screwed up her fist and put it to her eye making a crying expression. "Uh uh uh! I don't care, it makes no difference to me" she said in a baby voice. How are these people employed? If that is their reaction to our faces, just imagine what goes on behind the scenes. She tried to make excuses for her comments, but that kind of cocky attitude has no place whatsoever in service!

We asked for our bill and she promptly headed off to serve someone else and ignored us. We had to call another waitress so that we could pay.

The restaurant was very quiet, so we cannot help but think there is a real problem here. Lots of the staff seem to be hanging around the entrances smoking. Somehow we get the sense that no one cares the way that they used to. When Hans (the old owner) was alive, care, service, food, quality was paramount, he did care!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear butcherswife
Thank you for your recent comment on TripAdvisor.
Only weeks ago we received a wonderful review from you, and the menu didn’t change from that time. We always have next to the standard menu additional recommendations and the dumplings you’ve had last time weren’t on it this time unfortunately. We are now heading towards the end of the season so not every day is very busy. I witnessed a part of the situation but cannot remember the “babies’ gesture”, maybe I have missed that.
I think a lot got lost in translation- please do not forget we are all not native English speaking, sometimes there is a little language barrier which can make a huge difference, apparently.
Thank you for mentioning that she did apologize, even though it seemed effortless.
Dear butcherswife, once again thank you for your comment, I am very sorry it had to happen the way it did. We surely learned our lesson of the adequate approach to such situations.

Best regards