“Great Pension”
Review of Guesthouse Erhart

Guesthouse Erhart
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soll
Guesthouse Erhart
Ranked #2 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Soll
Nottingham
“Great Pension”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just returned from a stay at this place - it was absolutely lovely. The family who run the place are very warm & welcoming. Our room was very spacious, clean, tidy and the beds really comfortable. There's plenty of space to dry your ski gear in your room if you need to and the bathroom is large (by Austrian standards) and the shower always had a good supply of hot water. The breakfast room was nicely laid out - we were offered cooked ham & eggs every morning which was great & set us up for the day.

The pension is situated a little out of the village of Soll and after a hard day's skiing can be a little tiring on the legs walking back - there are ski buses every morning from the end of the road (opposite the Hotel Alpen Panorama) which we found to be reliable.

Top Tip: There is no internet/Wi fi at the Erhart but we went to the Alpen Panorama next door for a drink/meal and they have free wifi if you enter your guestcard number which you should have been provided with from wherever you are staying in Soll).

Overall this was a great place/excellent value for money and I wouldn't hesitate in visiting again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daisy7707

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
Sunny Scotland
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The other reviews have summed up things already but to add -

The owner couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Cooked breakfast every day and plenty of other choices.
Didn't find the location an issue. The free shuttles were frequent enough although there could be a scrum coming back at times. The walk in snowboard boots is fine though.
The hotel next door does good well priced meals if you dont fancy walking into town in the evening. Highly recommend the cakes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed here for NYE with three friends. Hotel is located by the well known Hotel Pension.
When dropped by the coach we discovered that we will be getting a taxi transfer, wasn't too bad about 5 minutes.
On arrival you're greeted by the owner a lovely lady who made us feel very welcome.
Our room was very very clean and had access to a balcony (for you smokers ;) the room also had a small little seating living room area, a good little bonus.
The drying room gets pretty busy and it more if a hot boiler room, but it does the job.
The breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, fresh orange and apple juice, bacon, bread rolls, different cereal, hams and cheeses.
I would recommend taking a few rolls stuffing some ham, bacon and cheese for the slopes!
Local shop (by the bank)are not that close about 10 minutes walk but they do have most things.
There is a bigger supermarket on the left of the roundabout on the way to the gondola that has loads more and a little cheaper.

Getting to the SkiWelt (Gondola shop) is a pain, it's about 25 minutes walk and if you're like me and didn't want to leave your expensive snowboard boots in the garage at the SkiWelt the walk can get tedious. You have to walk from Erhart to the centre of town and out the other side to get to the ski centre, hope you are feeling fit.
I recommend timing your morning journeys and walk to Dr Claus the local "hospital" (more like a GP surgery) to get on the free shuttle buses. (Photo attached is the bus timetable) They run fairly regular and cut the journey to about 10 minutes and takes you straight to the gondola shop, Do the same on the return. if you are lazy get a cab straight to the gondola and back costing €6 each way, not too bad when you split it between a room load.

In town I would say for money, service and quality of food go and see Harry, by the end of it I guarantee you will love him! It is opposite the whiskey Mule and is called Söller Stuben aka Harry's Bar. If you want a really good Italian visit Giovanni's, it's about 10 minutes walk from Erhart.
Sadly the Guesthouse doesn't have Internet. It would be good to have but loads of the bars have WiFi anyway.
One of the bars we literally lived at was Red Horse. The breakfast is AWESOME and a perfect hangover cure that you will most probably get from spending time at red horse during the evening. All the staff are great and it's a guaranteed laugh.

But honestly the downsides of location and no wifi is greatly outweighed by amazing service, good food, cheapest price in Söll and a cosy room. Great place to Snowboard and Ski will definitely be returning!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Droplip
Hyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Just got back from a week's stay in the Guesthouse Erhart (also known as Pension Erhart) in Soll Austria.
I stayed there with 6 other friends and we shared 3 rooms between us.

We were unsure what to expect by after selecting a 2* hotel (as rated by Crystalski). Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised. The small steep road up to the hotel meant the coach could not drop us off directly outside the hotel (we got dropped off in town and had a taxi arranged to take us to the hotel). Once we arrived at the hotel though we were greeted by the very friendly owner Gurter. She was fantastic and showed us where the drying room was in the cellar for boots and skis/snowboard. She then showed us all to our rooms.

All the rooms were basic, but VERY clean and VERY tidy. The two double rooms were traditional Austrian twin beds, and one of the double rooms had a balcony, the other did not. I stayed in the triple room which had a single bed and an Austrian twin bed. We also had a balcony as well as a small additional seated area off the main room with a sofa and small table in. All rooms had en-suite shower rooms (no baths though). Every day fresh towels were placed out for us and the beds remade. The cleaners even tidied up our bags etc, folding clothes we'd left out and pairing shoes together at the foot of the bed. I thought this was a lovely touch.
My only issues with the rooms were that the pillows were very thin (I folded mine three times and it still wasn't thick enough for my liking, I'm sure I probably could have asked for another though). And the balconies all linked together without any separation, so it was possible to walk from window to window however doors could not be opened from outside. It wasn't a problem for us as we were a group anyway, and even if you weren't it would not be possible to break in. It did give the opportunity for others to have a look in your room though....

Breakfast in a morning was served between 7:30am and 10am and offered a nice selection of cereals, fresh English morning tea and coffee, fresh juice, heated hams, breads, scrambled eggs, cheese, toast, and numerous spreads. The owner also came to welcome us every morning and have a chat whatever time we arrived for breakfast. She also offered sweets and fruit to take with us for the day on the slopes.

Outside the hotel is very picturesque, a lovely traditional timber chalet. It is on the far side of town from the gondola out of town though so can take a 10-15min walk to the gondola although there are some taxis which pick up from the end of the road (30seconds walk from the door), however we found these unreliable on some days. We didn't mind the walk so much as it gave us a warm up in a morning but did get a bit tiring some evenings as it was uphill on the way back to the hotel.

Overall, this was an excellent hotel/B&B and I would have no issues staying here again. The owner was friendly, the place was kept very clean and tidy and the stay was excellent. I definitely think this hotel deserves more than the 2* that companies like Crystalski and Thompson have given it. I think they give it these because it is out of the way a bit, and it lacks a bar etc. I also feel I should point out that it lacks a TV in any rooms or any internet connection. This may put some people off and these were my main reasons for not giving it the full 5* treatment. Besides this though it was a perfect stay.

P.S: the owner also has a couple of pet cats which roam the halls (never come in any bedrooms!) and I thought I best highlight this incase anyone is allergic to them and is thinking about staying here.

Room Tip: All rooms were great, although any room facing the front of the building I think had a better view o...