“This is my home from home”
Review of Sollerstuben - CLOSED

Sollerstuben
Cuisines: Austrian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Us Trip Advisors can make an annual report on establishments they visit, and as I spend a fair part of my life in the Söllerstuben, I make no apologies for this, my third review, to add to the already excellent feedback this wonderful restaurant and bar receives. Let me make it clear that I have been a customer here for most of the 40 plus years it has been open, and have become, like so many who begin as guests, a close friend of the family Reiter who do such an excellent job in bringing locals and tourists together.

The Söllerstuben firmly deserves its position as number one in this beautiful village for its welcome, ambience, value and good quality food, drink and company. It is rare that such an establishment can combine the best of all these attributes, but Harry Reiter and his team do just that. First and foremost this is a local bar with a restaurant. Its bread and butter is, in the long months when tourism is not at a premium, trade from the locals who visit daily, and drink, play cards and chat. Many of these locals are true characters, and given respect and warmth, will return it ten-fold. Yes, many of the locals smoke, and in Austria smoking is still allowed in designated areas away from a restaurant.. So, sorry non-smokers, you do have to pass through a bar where people may smoke - but as a lifetime non-smoker it has never once concerned me.

As you are welcomed by Harry, and his Mum Anni, and team of delightful waitresses, you will soon notice regular visitors coming and going. Many of these visitors spend most nights of their holiday in here, and when they leave, they are usually planning their next trip back - be it the following day, month or year. Harry has a knack of remembering almost everybody, and on any night can welcome dozens of customers from all over the world. His English is perfect, and his command of many other European languages quite amazing.

So, the food and the drink. Traditional Austrian with a twist of international cooking, using local meat and fish, all served with a smile. Prices are average for this part of Austria - snacks from €5, pizzas (dough based not crispy) €8, about the same price as most main meals start at. The chef, Mustie, has been with the family 25 years - you get quality and tradition, please don't look for innovation which is available elsewhere in this beautiful village. Drinks too are about the same price as in most of the village, slightly cheaper than UK. Children are welcome, and many of them, as well as their parents, are known to shed a tear when it is time to go.

So to sum up - I live in Söll for part of the year, I know the locals, I love the locals and in Harry Reiter I have a true friend. I have no hesitation in recommending his bar/restaurant to anybody, with the added extra that Harry is the nicest guy you could hope to meet. Here's to the next 40 years!

3  Thank PaulausTirol

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The best food ever. Quick service. Not cheap but well worth it. Recommended by chalet staff and not surprised the food was wonderful. My husband said if that was his last meal, he would be happy

1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Cheap, cheerful, great service, no smoking in the restaurant, need the nose of a bloodhound to detect smoking from bar area, sadly you do have to hold your breath for a bout 25 secs as you pass through the bar to the restaurant. Have been using this eatery for six years, I am a life non smoker and have never found any probs. Bon Apetite.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We are a family of 6 from Dublin. Anna and Harry made us feel really welcome and made our evening meals most enjoyable with their relaxed atmosphere and attention to detail.
i will be back to Soll and will book my table every evening. They make it so easy to relax - even with kids. Food was excellent and reasonable priced.
Thanks Guys
Peter, Carol, Eva, Mia, Phelim and Anya
See you next time

3  Thank peter d
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

First visit to the restuarant and we were very impressed. Excellent food and very friendly staff. We will definately be returning

1  Thank Drax69