“Bestwestern is a nice hotel with excellent empolyees”

Best Western John Muir Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Martinez
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at Bestwestern 40 times in the past year and have found it to be a great value with caring and responsive employees. When I call, the front desk employees remember my voice and my name which I have found to be very pleasing. Anytime I have had even the smallest of issues with a room, action to correct that issue is taken seriously and immediately. I would recommend Bestwestern to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I arrived late at night after making a reservation on line. When I got there and went to my room, I found that they gave me the wrong room. It was a smoking room. But that really didn't matter because when I got to a non-smoking room I found that the entire hotel reeked of cigarette smoke. Also the hotel is very shabby. I know it's supposed to look rustic but this was just worn out and dated decor. The TV remote also didn't work. I do NOT recommend this hotel. Did not seem like a BW Plus Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I live in the area so normally would not be staying in a motel in Martinez, but found that I had locked myself out when I got home late. Since it was too late to ask my neighbor for my extra house key, I decided to spend the night in a local motel. I remembered the John Muir Inn from about 20 years ago when my parents stayed there. At the time, it was a basic motel in need of renovation. Since the John Muir Inn is now a Best Western Plus, I decided to give it a try. The location is good, just off the freeway and near a shopping center, but surrounded by trees. The lobby was charming and the late night receptionist was welcoming. Since it was so late, all they had were smoking rooms. I asked if I could see the room. The hallway smelled of smoke, but the room only had a slight smell of smoke, so I decided to stay.

I wouldn't call this a Best Western "plus". The other Best Western plus where I stayed had more upscale furniture. This furniture is older, but clean. The room was smaller. In my opinion it is a basic Best Western. However, the sheets were clean and I slept well. Though the motel is located near the highway, I was not bothered by traffic noise. The breakfast provided in the morning had a good variety. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stay at this hotel once or twice a year while visiting a facility in the area. The Hotel is very clean and safe. The people are very friendly. Breakfast is decent and plentiful. They also have a type of happy hour that provides free food and beverages that is always fun.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The John Muir Inn is quaintly nestled in redwood trees. And by quaint I mean it is furnished with furniture carefully picked from the goodwill reject pile. Ask for the john Muir haunted hillbilly suite, where the drawers open up on their own, and you have to climb over a bed just to get into the room. Seriously, They SUCK!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The only complaint I have with Best Western is that being a AARP member I am supposed to get automatic 2 hour late check out, but the best I have been able to do with Best Western is the standard 1 hour late check out after asking them for it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2013

3 days total spent here & 2 nights had to deal with unsupervised, loud children from a large tour group. They seem to bring in different large groups throughout our stay. Beware! The breakfast service is excellent, and the rooms are spacious, clean, but dark. Good location for getting off and on the expressway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinez
Crowne Plaza Concord
Days Inn Pinole Berkeley
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Best Western John Muir Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western John Muir Inn

Address: 445 Muir Station Rd, Martinez, CA 94553-4671 (Formerly BEST WESTERN John Muir Inn)
Location: United States > California > Martinez
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Martinez
Price Range: $92 - $126 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western John Muir Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Best Western, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western John Muir Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western John Muir Hotel Martinez