“Confirm your on line reservation and print it out !”

Best Western John Muir Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Martinez
Martinez, California
“Confirm your on line reservation and print it out !”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western John Muir Martinez in the past with minimal problems. We always book ahead on line - THIS time was a NIGHTMARE ! Our reservations were for a room with king size bed, as always we printed out our confirmation. When we arrived at the front desk at check in time (3pm) we were told there were no such rooms available and we would have to take a 2-queen room. Since we felt we had no choice we did. Checked on line and there were still King rooms avail. called the 800# cust svc checked for us and confirmed - Front desk was going to "look into it" In the mean time the window in the room had broken latch allowing it to open completely (3rd floor), smelled like smoke, chairs dirty, t.v. connection was so bad you couldnt watch a show with out it going out. Management was to get back to us .... Didnt - ROOM # 335.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank formynana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I couldn't fault it and was pleasantly surprised, after reading some of the reviews. Very comfortable and excellent value for money. If you like a late breakfast, be there before 9:30am. Other than that, perfect!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank NormPadilla
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The John Muir Inn is great value for a trip to the Martinez area. We were there visiting family and it's perfect for a low-cost, no frill hotel. The lobby is nice with comfy couches and nice fireplace and the breakfast in the morning is pretty extensive for included in the price. We were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast. The rooms are basic but perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kwitt16
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I stayed at The Best Western John Muir Inn in September for my nieces birthday slumber party. We stayed in the Executive suite which included a little kitchenette. The staff were very friendly and attentive considering we were there with six 8yr olds for a slumber party. They even wished the birthday girl a Happy Birthday! Everything worked fine in the room up until we went to turn on the air and it didn't work too well. After a complaint we did receive a credit to our credit card. Their breakfast was also very good. They had tons to choose from, which was great for the kids. There was cereals, waffles, omlets, toast, biscuits and gravy, fruit, and diffrent coffee and juices. They are remodeling so the pool was off limits, but I would stay there again and definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank wgm42009
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I never complain about hotels, but I must warn others about this one. Stayed there twice now. The first stay was OK; big room on third floor, albeit old (furniture, carpet, et al). Second stay was nightmare. Second floor smokey-smelling (even though room was non-smoking), cigarette burn hole in bedspread, unwashed washcloth hanging in bathroom, unfinished drywall repair in bathroom, stains in chair fabric. I'm pretty sure the folks in the room next to ours had a kennel full of dogs as well. All for $100 a night? Next visit to Martinez we'll drive the extra 10 minutes to Walnut Creek hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BnL31310

Travelers are raving about these Martinez hotels

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This hotel keeps going from bad to worse. I have been staying here off and on for the past 4 years to viisit my son that lives just up the street. There has always been some kind of problem with the rooms. From being filthy, tv problems, wifi problems and ceiling leaks. The stay prior to this last one, the water from the tub upstairs leaked into my tub. So they moved me to a different room. In that room the tv and the wifi didn't work.This last trip I went out to spend Christmas with my son (by the way...I live in FL). I called the hotel prior to making my reservations and explained to them about all of the problems that I have had with them in the past. They assured me that everything had been taken care of. So I booked a room for 2 weeks. Everthing was fine until the 3rd night, People had moved in upstairs and their tub water was leaking into mine. Their solution to the peoblem was unsatisfactory so I moved to Extended Stay America in Pleasant Hill. A great comfortable room with great people. It's a large room w/kitchenette. And $20 cheaper per night. I highly recomend it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Upstairs tub water leaking into my tub.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank brownsteve1
San Francisco
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I was very pleased with this hotel, from the front desk staff to the breakfast room, everything was clean, comfortable , nicely decorated. My room itself was very nice, perfectly clean, nicely furnished , beautiful new bathroom, great towels! I would definately stay there again.

• Liked — comfortable atmosphere, cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinez
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek

Been to Best Western John Muir Inn? Share your experiences!