“Good food with an EXCELLENT whiskey selection”
Review of Barrel Aged

Barrel Aged
Ranked #22 of 104 Restaurants in Martinez
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Barrel Aged is located in downtown Martinez and features one of the best selections of whiskey in the entire Bay Area. From Pappy's to Macallan 30, you should be able to find the Bourbon or Scotch that is on your favorite list.
Family owned and very friendly, the folks at BA are warm and welcoming. The food and service are both really good and the atmosphere reminds me of an era gone by.
Out door seating makes for a fun time enjoying a meal with friends on those nice nights in the East Bay. Pricing is very reasonable and there is usually plenty of parking.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had dinner there with my family on Saturday night (all adults). Not only were the drinks inventive and delicious, but the food was ridiculously good. I adore the fried pickles (we fought over them and had to order more), fried oreos, dates stuffed with goat cheese wrapped with bacon, mac-n-cheese and frankly anything with bacon. I live on the east coast, but I will definitely be back next time I'm nearby.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great food and cocktails at Barrel Aged. Live Jazz, crafted cocktails, amazing food and a spirits list worth listing in every bourbon review!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Me and wife went there last night for a date night dinner. The food was absolutly incredible. Had some cajun fries, a apple cider pork chop, the shrimp and grits and a pumpkin creme brule. One of the best meals I have ever had. The live music was awesome, the wait staff wasnt to pushy. Little pricey, but totally worth it. We will be going back and visiting again.

1  Thank JoeyFried
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I am out in the area on business and have eaten all over the east bay. This is by far the best dinner and dining experience I have had out west. The food is terrific and the drinks are mixed with care to perfection. We had nice subtle acoustic music tonight which made it even better. My favorite dining experience my entire time out here. Will definitely visit again before I leave and highly recommend.

1  Thank William G

Been to Barrel Aged? Share your experiences!