“very noisey!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Martinez
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“very noisey!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

my wife and I were very disappointed! It is very NOISEY due to the remodeling currently being done. our ref door was broken and we were unable to place our travel drinks inside. We were unable to open our window in our room because of the saw dust that was flying due to the remodeling.

Room Tip: request a room as far away from the remodeling as possible!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The room was completely re-done and the cleanest I have stayed in. The gentleman at front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Wonderful customer service! We stay in alot of hotels due to work and this was one of the nicest! Definately reccomend!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank lindsays17
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped in Martinez, CA to visit the John Muir Home National Monument, and decided to stay in town overnight, suddenly feeling in great need of a good nap after a hectic week in Marin County. We were pleased with the cleanliness of our room, and liked having a frig and microwave. We checked in early, and didn't get the towels we requested until quite a bit later, but did get them warm from the dryer, so the delay was for a good reason! The staff were helpful and concerned. We enjoyed our day in Martinez, which included an outdoor antiques fair downtown and a good dinner at a Mexican restaurant downtown. In addition to Muir, who moved there when he married, Martinez was the boyhood home of Joe DiMaggio, and a big oil refinery seems to be the major industry there.

Room Tip: We were on the quiet side of the motel, not facing the parking lot, but rooms back to back with thos...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Maui
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I checked into this hotel and was very skeptical. I had just gotten burned next door at the roadway inn. By the way, read my review there for that story.

So, I got to Super 8, and they only had a couple rooms available. The manager was friendly and patient. I insisted on seeing the room before I booked because of my horrible experience next door. I actually really liked the room! It had a four post king sized bed, fresh linens, etc. everything was clean, the staff was all very friendly, and it was worth every penny more then the place next door.

This place seems like the Marriott compared to the rooms I got scammed on next door. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinez
Best Western John Muir Inn
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Super 8 Martinez? Share your experiences!