“Super Clean room, sufficient amenities, friendly staff, superfast check-in, check-out and flexible times allowed”
Review of Muir Lodge Motel

Muir Lodge Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Martinez
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I wanted room quickly at about 9:00AM with DSL modem internet connection so that I could plug in my laptop (unfortunately I could not find such a motel outside martinez like close to concord or walnut creek) and get 8 hours of work done and get paid. I went there at 9:10 and was working at 9:20AM. Mr. Patel was very friendly, (so also other staff) fast check-in, check-out and flexible times allowed. Room was super-clean had sufficient amenities, cable tv, etc. I stayed till 5PM because fo work and did not want to leave the motel till next day 9AM but had to drive to Los Angeles to where I live and work.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed December 28, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Muir for the last fifteen years for business, I can say I look forward to the peace and security of staying at the Muir Lodge Motel. I enjoy the personal touch of staying at a place that is not part of a national chain. The owners are very friendly and helpful beyond what one would expect from the world today, something sadly missing in other chain motels. We have never had any issue with security, the rooms are cozy and clean, the staff is excellent, and you are in the heart of the beautiful community of Martinez.

Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed December 25, 2010

I have stayed here for years. The service is excellent and location perfect since I work in the local area. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. They are always kept extremely clean. The parking is secure so I don't have to worry about losing tools off my truck.

phoenix, az
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I have recently been traveling throughout California and have had the opportunity to stay in many hotels. The Muir Lodge Motel rates among the best in service, cleanliness, convenient location and decore. Reservations were simple and there was no problem with our late arrival. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. It is the only motel room in which I felt comfortable to sit on the carpet and do my daily yoga routine. The room had a small refrigerator, coffee maker coffee and breakfast pastry. When that was not enough I simply walked across the street to the diner for a hot breakfast or to the Safeway market. Each room is tastefully decorated using fine quality fabrics and linens. The beds are truly king size and very comfortable. Although the motel is conveniently located near major highways, the room was quiet and comfortable enough that I slept late every morning. I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
Reviewed November 19, 2010

The location is convenient to Hwy 4 and 680. The rooms are pleasantly decorated, clean, and comfortable. It is clear that attention has been given to the details.

Pueblo, CO
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Older property is very well maintained and very clean in heart of town. There is no real breakfast, only a packaged sweet roll in your room. Motel requires 2 day notice to cancel. The manager telephoned me at 9:30 p.m. on day of arrival to see when I would arrive. The cost of my stay was a poor value compared to other motels I stayed at in the region.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Medford
Reviewed November 9, 2010

From the time we called the motel to make our reservations, to the time we checked out and went home, we were pleasantly surprised at the courteous, friendly, accommodating, service of the management and all the staff. We expect this type of service from the higher end 4-star motels, but were simply blind-sided at the "drop-everything-to-fill your-need" attitude of even the house cleaning staffs' attention to details. Old-fashion-charm, at a price that made our pocket book smile. Great food at the local restaurants that are quite close to you, as well as a population of townspeople, who aren't afraid to share a smile, or help you navigate the quaint surroundings that simply captivate you at every turn. Please take advantage of this little known, but "Well-Seasoned-Home-Away-From-Home"

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinez
Best Western John Muir Inn
Crowne Plaza Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn Express Benicia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek

Been to Muir Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!