“Cheap place in a very cool town. Very clean and comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Muir Lodge Motel

Muir Lodge Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Martinez
Incline Village, Nevada, United States
“Cheap place in a very cool town. Very clean and comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The location is awesome, just 0.2 miles from Hwy 4 and the John Muir National Historic Site. It's not so close to historic Martinez, but it's still walkable for dinner. It is close to a railroad, but so it everything else in Martinez, including downtown areas.

My sister noticed that there was a small hose running from the pool pump into a leaning trash barrel. The water was dripping out of the trash barrel onto an electrical circuit. When I mentioned it to the front desk guy, he thanked me and told me that someone would be by that very day to fix it! That's the oldest one in the book. I did not use the pool, and the sketchy situation was in a cage where prying hands could not reach it, but this did not impress me in the least bit. I would hate to be at the hotel when something is wrong with my room.

The hotel is very affordable and fairly comfortable. It's basic, but I enjoyed it. I would probably even go back if I needed to, but I would do so with my eyes wide open.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Torrance
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I wanted an economy Motel but something better than the lowest on the totem pole. This motel fit the bill for me.
Liked:
Not a chain.
Small one story business.
Safe area. Crooks would be very obvious breaking into this small place.
However you have to travel to nearby cities for some amenities.
Small town atmosphere even though it's a city.
Clean, comfortable.
Disliked:
Like all motels without central air conditioning, room has persistent smell of closed-in room.
Clerk didn't have real good grasp of English, however I can say that that did not keep him from being very helpful
Has fridge, micro, coffee & rolls, shampoo.
On a busy street, noisy from early morning till late evening. Quiet during deep of night.
Low wattage light bulbs. Bring book light if you will want to read.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lzzzz
Friday Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Muir Lodge Motel is a reasonably priced, older motel, nicely remodeled, with friendly staff and clean rooms. The layout uses the classic '50s one-story U-shaped configuration around the swimming pool and parking spaces. Park right outside your door.
The rooms are good sized, with amenities such as mini-fridge, coffee maker, TV with extensive channel selection including many Latin channels and HBO, comfortable bed, extra pillows, free wifi, nice work desk with high-backed leather office chair, a comfortable sitting area, and A/C. The bathroom in our room had been completely overhauled, with all new fixtures and beautiful new tile work. There is no tub, shower only.
The motel is on a busy street, convenient to town and the freeway. We had no problem with road noise, but I'm sure some people will. No hot tub or free breakfast. Also, as is the case with most older motels, there are not enough power outlets. This is why we, as frequent travelers, simply carry an extension cord in our luggage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rnbnut
Olympic National Park, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very good experience at this hotel. It is definitely older, but has been very nicely updated. I felt safe and comfortable, and the room was very clean. The road is a little noisy, but I heard no noise from the neighboring rooms. There is no breakfast provided. I wouldn't choose to stay here long-term, but it was fine for a quick over-night if you're not planning on much time in the hotel room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank danibee33
mesa, az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We spent 3 night here, renting a car from Enterprise up the street. It was a good location to visit Napa Valley, San Francisco and Marin County, without paying twice as much in Emeryville or other areas closer to SF. Arriving by a very late Amtrak train, the staff was waiting for us.
An older property but well maintained and very, very new room interiors, With the tile work, etc, the bathroom looked brand new.

Room Tip: You might want to stay away from the end near the very busy Alhambra Ave.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank aldahal
alicat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for one night in June, and we had a lovely time. The owners/desk clerks were friendly and even allowed our granddaughter to pick the plums on the tree out front. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I needed a quality local motel to stay at just for the night and decided on the Muir Lodge Motel, while my new hardwood floors cured a bit at my home.. Being a resident of Martinez, I have driven by the Muir Lodge many times over the years. It's appearance is always very spiffy with a parking lot that always has cars parked in it (doing lots of business). The motel's local reputation is outstanding and my wife and I were not dissappointed. The room was spacious, absolutely clean, with a bed that was outstanding. I have travelled for business weekly for 30 years and I know hotels and motels very well. This one is a winner providing excellent value.

Room Tip: If you are passing through for the night, go to either Devinos for Italian or Mr. Lucky's for pu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank harr0007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinez
BEST WESTERN John Muir Inn
Crowne Plaza Concord
#2 of 8 in Concord
Holiday Inn Express Benicia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Walnut Creek

Been to Muir Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!