“Great value Thai cuisine restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lemongrass Bistro

Lemongrass Bistro
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Martinez
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Shelburne, Vermont
“Great value Thai cuisine restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

There were five in our party at 6:30 PM on a Thursday night. Restaurant was not full, so reservations weren't necessary. Our friends live nearby and have been to this restaurant several times and have always had an "excellent dinner". Three had the grilled beef, I had grilled seafood kebob, and the last person had shrimp in lemon grass with cucumber soup. Each meal was very good and more than an average adult could eat. We shared two starters. Three had one glass of wine and two had iced tea. Bill w/o tip was $150 or average of $30 each.

• Visited February 2012

Martinez, California
“SO Worth Eating Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I LOVE this restaurant! Never having visited Asia yet, I have no idea how authentic the food is but since it offers dishes from Laos, Vietnam and Thailand, and those are countries I'd love to visit one day, and the family themselves are Laotian and are all working together here as a team, it's an absolute pleasure to eat here now and compare to the "real Asian food" when that travel time finally comes.

The food is beautifully presented, no matter what is ordered. Everything my husband and I have ever had, every dish my girl friends and I have ever shared, every time this food is perfect. Presentation and taste blend to create an experience that will leave a smile on your face long after you've reached home. My all time favorite dinner is really a combination of appetizers: the creamy Coconut Vegetable Soup, the Vietnamese Crepe, and some light as air Samosas. My husband has been known to rather noisily smack his lips over the Filet Mignon Salad and the Grilled Pork dishes. You can have the food made to match your palate, so everything from mild to medium spicy to "oh my God call the fire department" hot!!

I enjoy the changing art on the wall, there is always a featured artist who has work displayed. The family is so sweet and gracious, they always find a bit of time to chat and share photos and insider tips to their country and encourage my husband and I to make a plan for the coming year and "just go" After a couple of relaxing hours indulging in their food and relaxed atmosphere, I will be honest to admit that a couple of times we got home, picked up the phone, and almost called a travel agent to say "book us there tomorrow! Eating at Lemongrass Bistro can be a dangerous habit, but oh so worth it. :)

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Ann B
California
“A real gem in downtown Martinez”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

This small bistro continues to serve outstanding , fresh food at very reasonable prices. I had a spicy eggplant/chicken dish that was wonderful. My daughter enjoyed pork cutlets and rice with enough left to take home and enjoy again. Starters were avacado rolls, crispy and tasty with a peanut dipping sauce. Cucumer salad was delicious.The wine list is small but diverse. Atmosphere is welcoming , soft jazz plays quietly in the background. A lovely dinner experience!

• Visited December 2011
Thornton, Colorado
“What a gem in beautiful downtown Martinez...this place is moving up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

My Wife, Dad and I went here for dinner. Dad said downtown Martinez is moving up and getting some nice restaurants, but didn't expect this quality. The atomosphere is very trendy, elegant and comfortable. The wait staff were quick and friendly like I would expect from this non pretentious town by the water. The menu was nice and had a great variety including some appealing specials. The prices were just right and I think after tasting them that they could have charged more for the quality and creativeness. I had my drunken noodles with tofu. The tofu was nice and crisp and the sauce was thick enough to stick to the noodles. My Wife was extremely satisfied with her pad thai and remarked that it was as good as she remembers it in Thailand. I would have to agree with the taste and authenticity. My Dad had the skewers fish special. It came with this green lemon dip that was amazing! I would bypass Walnut Creek next time and come to dinner here. Parking is free, no pretentiousness and friendly people. Thank you Lemongrass Bistro for an awesome dinner. We will be coming back again!

• Visited December 2011
Brentwood, California
“Our favorite Thai/Siamese Restaurant in the area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

We love love love this place. You can say that we regularly come here for the great food, great service and the nice ambiance.
I think the lunch specials are the best. Great value.

• Visited September 2011