“An incredible Thanksgiving in the Alps”
Review of Culinaria - CLOSED

Culinaria
Cuisines: Austrian, Delicatessen, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

So after reading the reviews, I figured this place would be perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. We decided to walk up, to help work up our appetites. And by the time we got to the top of the hill, we were all sucking wind. I started to doubt my restaurant choice. This place would really have to be amazing to make up for the trek up there. Luckily, we were not disappointed. I am vegetarian, and didn't see anything Vegetarian on the menu. But the waitress was very nice, and the chef made me an amazing gnocchi dish with pumpkin sauce and mushrooms. My friends had the duck a l'orange and the game ravioli. And they loved both of those dishes. The appetizers were equally phenomenal. And for dessert, they had a great selection of homemade ice creams, among other dishes. Just perfect. The wines are all Austrian. And the one we got was a very complex dry red. It went great with our meals. The bill came to about 50 Euro a person for three courses, wine, bottled water and coffee. Hands-down, the best meal I've had in recent memory.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went there by foto from Soelden town (25 minutes walk, but you can drive there by car...no worries). Every dish is carefully combined with different tasty local products (no local dishes but ingredients are local) and we found this a perfect culinary experience. If you search for somethign cheap, this is not the right place to go: 110 EUR for 2 persons (2 appetizers, 2 main courses, house wine bottle, water). From my perspective, it wareally worth to go there! We enjoyed our dinner out...once.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

First off, this restaurant is "off the beaten path." So, if you are looking for a place within walking distance of the city center, this is not your place. That said, if you are looking for a cozy spot with good food and friendly service, this is your place. The owner, who also acted as our server, couldn’t have been nicer. Speaking in perfect English, she made us feel welcomed and made excellent meal recommendations. The wine list is entirely Austrian, so we needed some help navigating it. But she provided some excellent suggestions to pair with our food. In sum, I’d highly recommend Culinaria. It was reasonably priced and was the best food I had in the entire town.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Although not on the main road, and a bit hidden - the restaurant is worth the effort of finding it !
Beautiful decor, high class atmosphere, amazing food (Braised cheek of calf - recommended !!), good service and reasonable prices for the quality and level of the cources offered.

1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A pricey restaurant but the food quality is great. I would recommend this restaurant for anymore looking for a nice meal out in Solden. The location is the only thing which lets this restaurant down, but it is still worth a visit...