“Back for the third time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Johann in Tirol
Edelweisshof Pension
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Back for the third time”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel which is a small pension with 17 rooms and offers comfortable and homely accommodation
We like St Johann as a holiday venue for its variety of walking opportunities (we always buy the summer chairlift ticket as this gives excellent access to walking areas).
Hotel Edelweisshof meets all our requirements with excellent hospitality from Margot and Oskar, the owners of the hotel. Margot runs the front of house in a very friendly and efficient manner and speaks a number of languages (including English) fluently. She is always willing to help advise guests on things to do and places to see.
The rooms and ensuite shower room are kept spotless. The rooms we have used have had adequate space and included a table and chair in the furniture which we find useful. There are no tea making facilities available in the rooms but tea and coffee can be purchased at all times from
the bar.
The food is excellent although the cold buffet breakfast is always the same choice but a good variety. The evening meal which is a set 3 course meal cooked by Oskar is excellent and wonderful value. It must be the best food in the area, we always make sure we are back in time for the meal. As I have been before when I make my booking I include a request for my favourite dishes.
The hotel attracts a multinational range of guests and this adds to the enjoyment of the holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tommy491

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Linz, Österreich
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice landlords, nice, useful rooms, The Pension is nearby the station (10 min walk). Good breakfast. TV, Wlan....
Perfect springboard for hikingtours in summer or also for winterholidays around the region.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Sweetmarky
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I spent one week here in Jan 2014, staying by myself as my family were in another hotel which had no availability for me. Edelweisshof was perfect for my stay, with the husband and wife owners (who also speak excellent English) making me feel very welcome and providing plentiful breakfasts, and delightful dinners. The hotel is perfectly situated for access to the mountains, with the main lift station being less than 10 minutes away. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend some time in St Johann. The skiing is also great, with easy access by ski bus to neighbouring mountains

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo