“Excellent hotel, excellent staff and excellent holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lux Alpinae

Hotel Lux Alpinae
Hove
“Excellent hotel, excellent staff and excellent holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was my first skiing holiday and I viewed it with some trepidation as I am not the most athletic person and dislike the cold. However, my partner has had two new knees in the last 18 months and was keen to try them out by resuming his excellent skiing skills on the slopes.

He has stayed at the Lux Alpinae hotel before so we received a very warm welcome from the very start. We arrived by train from Innsbruck and phoned the Hotel when we arrived in St Anton and they sent a mini bus to pick us up and take us to the Lux Alpinae, which arrived after only 5 minutes. The Hotel offer a transfer service and the mini bus driver, Elias, seemed to be available at a minute's notice. It was like having our own private chauffeur our whole stay!

The hotel owners, Alexander and Sabine, greeted us warmly like old friends ( even though my partner had stayed there before, I had not but they made me feel incredibly welcome).

Our room was wonderful and the windows are floor to ceiling across the whole width of the room so we had the most amazing view of the Rendl. The bathroom also is all glass, however there are slatted blinds so you have the choice whether to sit it the bath and admire the view, or not! There is under floor heating in all of the rooms so we were never cold.

We went to hire our skis for the following day, that afternoon and hired them from Jennewein near the bus station. The staff there were absolute excellent and they measured my feet ( just like Clarks for kiddies shoes!) and checked my height and weight to ensure that my boots and skis were a perfect fit. I also hired a helmet too as sometimes winter sports holiday insurance does not cover you if you do not wear one.

We then rang the hotel and Elias and mini bus duly came back and picked us up and returned us to the hotel.

The hotel bar is manned by an Australian named John who can mix any cocktail you can dream up and is very friendly as indeed are all of the restaurant staff. The food in the Hotel is most definitely 5 star and I couldn't fault it once. Dinner is a 6 course affair with a 3 course starter including soup and salad, then a choice of 3 main dishes, then a choice of 2 desserts and finally a cheese board, if you can manage it! The chef, Andi,could most definately give any of our celebrity chefs a run for their money!

Breakfast is a buffet affair but eggs and bacon are cooked to order. Once again the staff could not have been more attentive.

As it was my first time skiing, I opted for private lessons with another friend and this was most definately the right way forward as we had an excellent teacher,Franz, who was patience personified. From dreading the whole experience, I absolutely loved it. We only had 3 hour lessons each day which was slightly shorter than the 4 and half hour lessons we would have had if we had joined a larger group, but we had much more attention so progressed quite quickly.

The hotel has a spa which consists of an exercise room, sauna, steam room and outside jacuzzi which normally opens from 4 pm - 8 pm but after our first exhausting day skiing they quite happily opened it at 3pm for us.

St Anton's shops are incredibly expensive so do make sure you don't need to buy any skiing gear there, however the restaurants and bars did not seem to pricey. The restaurants at the top of the Rendl were quite reasonable although it was 5 euros for a hot chocolate if you had a drink from the outside bar.

Having said this, I cannot fault our break or the Lux Alpinae and definitely will be returning next year!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank lizziewHove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was our third stay in Lux Alpinae and once again we had a brilliant time in January 2013!
The hotel is outstanding, designed in a beautiful way, we loved the room with its spectacular view towards the Rendl, the food (was excellent, the team brilliant and very friendly!! BEST PLACE AT THE ARLBERG! We'll definitely be back!!

2 Thank gregor l
Vienna, Wien, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

After a few awesome days at the Lux Alpinae Hotel I decided to write this review and I must say I do highly recommend to check out - or let me say check in - this outstanding hotel !

The whole design and interior is just perfectly pleasing and gives you an idea of being home as well as excites and inspires you in any case - just perfectly balanced.
Staff is super helpful and friendly!

Breakfast gives ALL YOU NEED and even more in the morning and the full-course dinner in the evening is just a nice symbiosis between hearty dishes and delicious contemporary organic food.

The rooms are super nice with an great view on the mountains, nice interior design (architecture-beton, wood and cosy materials, nice colors) and if you want so, an open view into the bathroom.

The wellness area has a nice clean sauna, steam bath and the possibility to book massage which i really recommend. Tea, fresh lime water and fruits - everything available for free!

Though to the fact that this wonderful hotel is just a few minutes walk from the center and cablecar-stations, they offer you free transfer service - everything just perfectly discreet.
They do have a garage for you car and a room for your ski- and snowboard stuff.

I recommend: check out the Lux - it's worth it !!

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed in this great hotel for the first time last Week (January 2013) as it was recommended by friends, but didn´t know what to expect. The moment you enter the hotel you already get the feeling that you landed in the right place. It´s super cosy, but impressing at the same time with it´s radical design approach! Not the typical Austrian Ski Hotel thing!

The staff is super friendly and helpful! The food is delicious. In the morning you get overwhelmed by a huge breakfast buffet, with everything you desire. Bio, healthy and juste tasteful! In the evening the chef prepares a menu with several courses - very creative, sometimes experimental, but always good. The also have a great variety of wines in stock.

The spa area has a nice and clean steam sauna, normal sauna and massages. Thx Imke for fixing my back!!! ;-)Tea and fruits - free of charge! And those relaxing beds make you recover a hard day skiing in no time!

The rooms impress you with the view on those spectacular mountaines, the interior design (stone and wood combination) and the glass separation between bath room and sleeping room.

As this hotel is just a few minutes walk from the city center and has a great value I highly recommend to book this hotel, the next time you are in the Arlberg region!

Big Ups!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

What an amazing place to stay. We had a fab week staying in a great hotel. Very friendly, fantastic spa, delicious food. Many many thanks.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard A
Lanarkshire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have been in St Anton a number of years ago and when looking for a good hotel for our ski holiday in March I decided to go for the Lux Alpinae as it looked like a good hotel and had been receiving really good reviews.
I was not disappointed and would like to thank Alex and the team for a great week in St Anton. One of our group suffered a bad back injury and again the team at Lux Alpinae done everything they could to assist.
The hotel itself is very modern but with excellent views of the Rendl mountain and with the hotel mini van on hand to take you down the short trip to the main resort it was a superb base. The rooms again are spacious and modern and were cleaned on a daily basis. The food was first class both breakfast and evening meal with some nice wines to sample from the cellar.
The spa area is okay but seemed to look more like a gym/workout area than a relaxation area. This would be the only area I would change in that it could be set up in a more relaxed fashion and really needs a hot tub to take it to the next level.
We had a great week skiing in St Anton and will be back and will look to book a room at the Lux Alpinae. Cheers to Alex and the team and enjoy your summer !!!

Room Tip: They all have views of the Rendl mountain so you can't go wrong