“Tourist trap”

Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Walked in with my mate, sat down. 2 girls walked over and started to chat to us, meanwhile another girl poured 20 shots of Jaegermeister at our table which we had not ordered. We asked why she did this and said we would not be paying. She got the doormen who tried to force us to pay and who phoned the Austrian police. We tried to get out but were forcefully kept in. My polo shirt was ripped off by the bouncer and we were eventually forced to hand over all the money we had just to be allowed to leave. Stay away from this scumbag hole.

• Visited February 2014
jverney, Owner at Kandahar Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
These three lads ordered shots and then refused to pay for them. We called the police to sort the matter out, but then they tried to leave without paying. I do not know how else we could have dealt with them. Customers like this are not welcome.

London, United Kingdom
“Not Impressed - poor treatment from staff and owner”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Ordering some drinks from the bar, the waitress did not include one of the drinks to our bill. Then the owner, Jonathon, comes over to find me with 2 of the bouncers, asks me to pay, which I kindly did, and then throws me straight out in a very aggressive manner. I then asked if I could find my friends and the bearded bouncer decides to start pushing and hitting me around even more. NOT impressed with this place - unheard of behavior, wouldn't want anyone to be treated like that!
Horrible owner and really rubs off on the staff..

• Visited February 2014
This customer ordered a round of drinks and then refused to pay for one of them and was abusive to the barmaid, so the barmaid took the drink back and did not charge him for it. When her back was turned, he reached behind the bar and took it. She came to me and we checked the CCTV. He was easily identifiable by his bandana and clearly stole the drink on camera. 20 minutes later when he still hadn't paid I confronted him and asked him to pay and then leave the bar for stealing a drink and abusing my staff. Customers like this are not welcome, no matter how important they think they are. Stealing and being abusive is not acceptable behaviour, and anyone who thinks it is should stay away.
London, United Kingdom
“Nightclub”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

One of the few nightclubs in town. They serve very cheap shots and the club smells kinda funny, but it gets very lively after 2am ish

Visited February 2014
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“Very very busy bar”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I like a bit going on but this was just to busy to even get served so we moved on. There were 40 of us and we are capable of filling an empty bar on our own, going in somewhere rammed is not a good idea

Visited February 2014
“Don't miss Gunar”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

On a visit to St Anton you cannot miss seeing playing live the legend that is Gunar. He has played in St Anton for over 20 years and is as great as ever. Was in the Picadilly but now opp in the Kandahar, playing between 4-8 except Wed & Sat

Visited January 2014