“Traditional tasty Austrian cuisine, fair prices,friendly service”
Review of Fuhrmannstube

Fuhrmannstube
Cuisines: Austrian
Description: In our cosy and informal Restaurant you can enjoy Austrian traditional cuisine in a rustic atmosphere
Reviewed March 5, 2014

It was our last night in St. Anton. Given that the skiers (except for one) were all non-Austrians, I decided to take them to a traditional Austrian restaurant so they could taste local cuisine. I picked Furhmannstube due to the positive reviews on Trip Advisor. We ordered amongst others, Beef Gulasch with Spätzle, Kaiserschmarren with plum salad, Mohr im Hemd (warm chocolate cake with ice cream) and Wiener Schnitzel. All were delighted with their dishes. Service was very friendly. Towards the end of our dinner, we were asked if two German restaurant guests could join our table (in general, tables are large, so be prepared to share them with other guests). Fuhrmannstube is not a night life bar.

1  Thank MadridMarco_polo

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had the soup and salad. I honestly didn't think it was anything special. The soup was very good, however very small serving and overpriced as well as my iceberg lettuce salad. When I asked for the dressing to be on the side for my salad, it was ignored or forgotten. My salad was literally drowning in dressing.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This restaurant is opposite Maximilian - both serve really good Austrian food.

Fuhrmannstube is slightly more modern inside than the more traditional Maximilian - so if you prefer a lighter interior you may prefer this.

The food is of a similar style - perhaps a bit lighter, but overall we preferred Maximilian.

If you have more than one night, try both - otherwise head across the road.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have been to this place again and again and they have never failed. It can get very busy during lunch time so be prepared for that. There are three or four small table and the rest are very big where everybody has to share the same table. Typical Austrian I believe.
The menu is Austrian and the food is excellent. They are very aware of allergies so no worries there. The staff is incredibly nice and at the same time efficient.
I simply love it here and I will be back next time I am in St Anton.
Oh and they make a mean Irish Coffee.

1  Thank glutenfreeswede
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

So, so tasty - brilliant authentic food and hands down the best I ate all holiday.

Can recommend the schnitzel...

Would 100% recommend this.

GORGEOUS.