“Quality/price/location”

Alpenhof Hotel
Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
“Quality/price/location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great staff, great service (dining room and private shuttle), great location (10 min walk from Zentrum and the basement door gives on the bus stop!), large room (large enough for 2 persons plus huge ski and boot bags). I strongly recommand this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sylvain T

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week in feb 2014 and after last years luxury in Switzerland this hotel would have a lot to live up to, and it passed with flying colours. Stayed on a half board basis in a group of 13 guys, rooms were clean and fairly modern , staff couldn't have been more helpful and food was good every night although only one choice. Hotel has sauna steam room and jacuzzi and also a free shuttle to the slopes in the morning or the ski bus stops right outside. St anton has to be one of the best apriski resorts I have been to and although linked by bus skiing was great to. Only negitive I would add is it would have been nice to be a bit closer to the town

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
pontyclun wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel Feb 2012. A family run hotel who were helpful and pleasant but the hole was run down with thread bare carpets and towels which were only fit to be rags. The food was totally in inedibile, there was no choice and the portions miniscule. We were so glad there was a salad bar. We were a on ski package and I noticed that in the restaurant the food served to the public seemed as if it was from another planet. Given that we paid a fair amount of money I feel that we were conned.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these St. Anton am Arlberg hotels

Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

As part of a Neilson ski package and you are never sure what to expect! But the Alpenhof exceeded our expectations, with a warm welcome, good food and a relaxed environment. Dont underestimate the location; it may be high above the village but essentially has its own private skibus stop, 'literally' 10m from the skiroom door. Add an excellent free lift transfer in the mornings and a nice sauna/steam room/jacuzzi and this is as pleasant a small hotel as you will find. Its not the Alte Post or the Schwarzer Adler, but if tgars what You want, then go pay their prices. Its lovely and we would visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We booked our trip to St Anton last minute and chose this hotel because it was one of the only hotels we could find with a vacancy. We were not sure what to expect but we were happy with the hotel when we arrived. Room was fine, see pictures.

Breakfast: Various cheese, homemade bread, meats, yogurt, Nutella, cereal, eggs

Transportation:
Downtown is 15-20 min walk. Free ski shuttle to St Anton stops directly in front of the hotel. There is also a paid shuttle to Lech/Zurs area. Your St Anton ski pass is valid in Lech/Zurs area and we recommend heading over there for a day during your trip to do the White Ring. You may need to be aggressive flagging down the ski shuttle or it will drive right past you while you stand at the bus stop.

The hotel also offers its own shuttle to town. They also drove us to the train station on our way home.

There is a room in the basement to store your skis & equipment.

There is no soap in the bathroom, so bring your own.

No free internet but the ski shops all have it

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi191
Rotterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last March for one week and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms were basic but clean and even the shared bathroom wasn't a problem (no waiting lines or left towels in the bathtub). Our rooms were on the hill side, so a bit more quiet than the road side ones.

The staff is very friendly (on request they arranged fresh bread take-away on our departure) and take good care of their guests. The 'Bier Keller' is a cosy, but old-fashioned bar where drinks are served until 23:00. We booked half-pension, so breakfast and evening dinner was included. The food was, compared to the money we paid, decent and filling. The prices for beer or wine are also reasonable. We didn't use the steam bath / sauna, but other (Swedish) guests told us it was quite good.

Every morning the hotel taxi bus transfers you (until 11:00) between the ski lifts and the hotel. If your lucky they will even drop you off during the day if they go out for grocery shopping themselves. To the village center is a 20 minutes-walk, so put on your snow hat when it's cold at night!

We will definitely visit this hotel again when we go for skiing in St. Anton. As said by the other reviewers, this is a clean and good value for money hotel. By the way: don't expect 5 stars service when you are paying for 3 stars....

Room Tip: Roms on the hill side (opposite road side) are quieter. There's no elevator, so maybe you prefe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RutgervDijk
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! Hotel is a very very generous description of this Slum! I have nicer budget bedsits i rent out than this hotel! I really don't know where to start this review...

I really can't sum up how much i was looking forward to my 2013 Ski Holiday in St Anton. I'd been recommended St Anton and i have to say St Anton as a place was lovely and the resort simply excellent. What a contrast this was to The Alpenhof, honestly the worst hotel i have ever stayed in, 1 Star is too many for The Alpenhof!

The room was stuck in a time warp from the 1960's. The yellow flowered tiles in the bathroom with shower which you had to sit in the bath to use because of restricted head height, really set the tone for the room overall, we had 3 people staying in our room/box and to say that 2 people would be cramped would not be overstating the size.

The food was possibly the worst food i have ever had to endure (before i decided to eat out to preserve my health), we were not told until the night before we were leaving, that the evening meal drinks were not included in the half board package we paid for. The Italian waiter could really learn some manners as he does no justice to this slum, slapping your plate down infront of you without so much as a hello is not what i would call hotel hospitality.

The food in parts was completely unedible and i know several other guests who i spoke with were also completely unsatisfied with what was on offer, my standard really are not that high!

The staff were rude and abrasive from day one and a ghost like atmosphere was felt, they had no considersation that this was your holiday and your time to relax.

A MAJOR ISSUE - The Alpenhof is advertised as having WIFI. We picked this hotel as i require internet access to be able to perform banking tasks for my business daily. Our room was in a separate block to the main hotel reception. I couldn't receive any WIFI signal in our block, so i decided to head into the main reception with my laptop and work from there, however on arrival to reception and soon AFTER paying for the WIFI, and then asking the hotel why my laptop can't find the signal, i was told by another guest that you can only receive WIFI on your phone and no one else had been able to get it to work on their laptop. The hotels response to this??? NOTHING!! not even an apology! This in itself is false advertising, but this really doesn't surprise me with this bunch of shysters!

The Chair Incident! - let me paint the seen......... I came in from a night out in St Anton (which was very enjoyable) and as i came in, I tripped over a chair which had been left by the staff/cleaners directly in the middle of our very small box(room). I notified the hotel that i had damaged their hotel room chair and was told by the staff i would have to pay the cost of this, fine i thought, even though this was an accident and it had been left in a very precarious position by the hotel staff. I thought oh well yes i did trip and i have broken it. I was anticipating a bill of around 80 euros for a replacement basic hotel room chair.............. BUT WAIT, i was presented with the hotel room chair bill of 594 EUROS.... yes you did read that correct! FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY FOUR EUROS for a hotel chair...... I was presented with this bill on the evening before my travel back to the UK. I initially declined to pay this as i felt this was extortion, however i was left with no choice once the hotel called the Austrian Police who said unless i paid this ridiculous amount i would not be able to travel home as i would have to go to an Austrian Police station and then presented to the court!

I am a very reasonable person and a businessman with a family, I had to get back to the UK, thus i had to pay this 594 Euros. When i quizzed this amount as being so high, I was informed by the hotel staff that this chair was an antique- YES - an Antique was left in the middle of our tiny hotel room. I have to say i feel this was a ruse to extract cash from a foreigner who had to get back to the UK on their scheduled flight or face a similar cost and more hassle to re-arrange a flight back to the UK.

I'm sure there are some good qualities to this hotel but unfortunately i failed to see any of them during my stay.

In Summary - If you are thinking of booking this hotel, please dont take the risk and book into somewhere decent, even if it does cost a little more! maybe the Sport Hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends