“Very cozy family-run hotel”
Review of Hotel Martha

Hotel Martha
Hotel Martha
Ranked #34 of 107 Ischgl B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The best place to stay in Ischgl if skiing is the main reason to go there - not parties. Best located only 3 min. walking to the cable car, but not in the crowded city center.
We were very warm welcomed by the owner. The rooms are surprisingly large and nice furnished. (They put quiet bad pictures on their website). The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel only has about 30 rooms which makes it very comfortable and cozy. The breakfast is very well selected. In all it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Martha for a recent ski trip in Ischgl. We booked late and so had some concerns about the hotel service, location, etc. However, I've never been more pleasantly surprised by a hotel! I've been traveling for years, but truly found the service and attentiveness of the staff at Hotel Martha exceptional. We were greeted before we even got out of the car. The parking was easy, free and close (although we unloaded at the door and were helped to the room with our bags). The reception was extremely friendly, welcoming and quick. We arrived late and so we thought we'd missed the dinner, but we were welcomed into the dining room anyway and our dinners had been saved for us. We stayed with half-board so breakfast and dinner each day in the hotel, which in many places can be boring buffets with the same food each day. But, the breakfast was lovely each day and more than enough to get us going and the dinners were really excellent. 5 course meals each evening that were creative and tasty and kept us guessing what the chef would prepare each night. The only issue was getting up from the table after each dinner being so full after all the great food and dessert. The servers were so delightful and friendly (and all spoke English). One woman reminded me of one of my Aunts and made us laugh each evening both in the bar and at dinner. Unfortunately, I never got her name. You see the same people everyday and so by the end of the week you end up saying hello and goodbye like you've known them longer than just a few days. The location was great because it was across the river from the village and so it was quiet and peaceful to enable a good night's sleep, but it was really just a few minutes walk to the main ski lift up to Idalp. Also, there is ski/snowboard storage that you can easily go in and out of each day to drop or pick up your gear. Next to the ski lift you have the doctor/pharmacy, the liveliest apres-ski bars and shops and so all of these places can be seen from the hotel as well and just a few minutes walk. We had a room for two with a balcony that gave us a view over Ischgl, the river and the mountains (there is a view of the parking lot too, but hey, you can't have everything). The room was clean and comfortable with a modern bathroom. It was not massive in size, but for the two of us, it was cozy enough. The hotel has free wifi throughout, which is another bonus. Overall, I'd definitely recommend it to other travelers. Congrats to the family running the hotel! They do a great job at what they do.

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony overlooking Ischgl. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The family hotel is located close to the river. It has free parking and the approximity to the center of town is just perfect. The noise level at night is low and sleeping quality very good.

Staff is very friendly even we were not easy guests. We were late for breakfast and would still be served. Dinner was included in our price. The food for dinner was ok, breakfast was much better. Still, I would defenately go there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just returned home from a 5 night stay at the Hotel Martha and if there was an award for the friendliest Hotel, they should get the trophy! I went on booking.com and basically got the last family room in the whole of Ischgl, so I was nervous as to what we'd get, but I needn't have worried. From the moment we walked in, Tina couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. She made a huge fuss of our 7 year old daughter, who for the rest of stay kept telling me "this is a REALLY friendly Hotel Mummy!" For the last few days of our stay, my daughter became quite poorly with a really bad cough/cold and Tina personally brought up fruit tea and honey to sooth her throat and a plate full of sweets and chocolates to cheer her up! That's the sort of personal touch you wouldn't get in a big Hotel.
The whole place is absolutely spotless. We were very pleased with the size and comfort of our family room - which had 2 bedrooms connected by a corridor with separate toilet and shower room - again, spotless!
The restaurant is charming and the food is delicious and plentiful. The staff in the restaurant were very attentive.
The boot room on the ground floor is well equipped with plenty of ski racks and heated boot racks AND it didn't have that damp, smelly sock smell that usually accompanies boot rooms!!
Hotel Martha is across the road and a river from the main town, which suited us, as we didn't want to be kept awake at night by Ischgl's famous night life! The walk to the main Gondola is only 3 minutes and pretty flat, so not a hardship. Some of the Hotels in town are up steep slopes so I was glad I wasn't in one of them!
In short, if you are a single traveller, couple, family or small group looking for a cosy, welcoming, quiet Hotel, I would have no hesitation recommending Hotel Martha but bear in mind that you may find yourself the only English people there, which didn't bother us at all!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dawn465
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Small family hotel. Was there winter 2011. Location is o.k, food comsi-comsa, spa is also o.k but owners are very rood and an polite. You must pay for the WiFi and you get bad connection.For the money you can get better hotel which is closer to the ski cabins.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The review by LjupcoSkopje is outrageous. I actually think it's a spoiler and should be ignored. The food in the evening was excellent - I can't think that I left anything that was served up. My travelling companion was also impressed by the food quality and he regularly eats in top London restaurants.

The location, while not ideal for the ski gondolas, which are maybe a three minute walk away (to the closest / biggest one) is nonetheless a reasonable choice for those who wish to have the option of trying the hectic nightlife of Ischgl, but who also appreciate undisturbed sleep.

In summary, I had a great time there, even though I think myself and my travelling companion were the only English people in the holtel. The staff were friendly and I'd thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Speed67
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Poor breakfast, frozen dinner.

• Stayed: February 2011