“Excellent hotel !”

Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Ischgl
Zottegem, Belgium
“Excellent hotel !”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

A very nice hotel. Beautifully renovated spacious rooms and bathrooms. We had a family room and immediately felt at home.
All staff members were friendly and helpful at all times.
Compliments to the Chef for the exquisite diners that were served.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Very cosy and warm hotel, friendly staff. Good mix of cosiness and trendy design - modern design blended with alpine style very nicely.
SPA facilities: very good and clean, big choice of variuos sauna's (5 if I counted properly), some small snacks in SPA.
Food - sunday dinner was absolutely great, 7 courses sunday meal with the quality and style You would expect in capital city top notch restaurant.
Between two cabin skilifts: A2 and A3, something like ~70 meters to any of those.
Rooms - clean, size is OK.
Overall - I've got more than expected, really would recommend for Ischgl ski retreat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Nieuwpoort, Belgium
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I travelled already a lot , but this hotel was the best I've ever stayed in!! Next to the slopes, great view!! Clean rooms, excellent dinner and last but not least a great staff!!
Don't hesitate, just book and go! you will have your best Time ever!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Monaco

What a pleasant stay!!
Brand new, modern but very cosy hotel, on the best location possible in Ischgl. Just in front of the elevators, at the end of the slopes, and right next to bars and restaurants.
Great and warm welcome by family Eiterer, great staff (ask the barman for his cocktail of the day!) and one of the greatest wellness facilities ever seen at a hotel!
You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
WERCHTER
Reviewed April 16, 2012

nice design hotel with wonderful guest services by the family owners.Excellent food and room.
Only drawbacks : not as suitable for younger children ( play room is little and limited) and no view in the (otherwise) very nice rooms

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

i had an amazing time during my stay in ischgl at fliana. Stuff and owners were really helpfull and friendly, making you feel welcome. The rooms are very clean and the spa area the best location to relax after being on the slopes. I defenitely come again. Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I stayed at the Fliana for a week with my partner for a ski holiday. Overall, the hotel Fliana is excellent, but there were a few problems. Compared to the other big hotels, I would thoroughly recommend Fliana. Thought it best to list the good and bad;

The Good

1. The food is excellent, a beautiful selection of dishes for breakfast and dinner. I am vegetarian and they catered for this perfectly - it is always a challenge in Austria!! There was a wide variety with several courses each evening and it's probably better than any other I've been to.

2. The location is brilliant - literally right next to two lifts and you can ski to the door.

3. Staff - I loved the staff. Conny was our waitress and we loved her - fantastic balance between being interested in your day but not overbearing or false. Stani (sorry spelled wrong) the cocktail waiter was AMAZING and made me the best cocktail ever that wasn't even on the menu. The owners also have a little party to welcome you early in the week and it is so cute!! They obviously care very much about the place.

4. Free unlimited wifi - yes, that's right, no questions, free all week. Thank you!

5. Decoration - I love the style the place is done in - a fantastic mix between modern and classic Austrian.

The Bad

1. Our Room 112 - we upgraded and paid the extra amount for the deluxe room. This was a well deserved holiday after a difficult few months and I paid the extra money for a treat. The room style was fantastic but our room faced inward and our 'balcony' was a patio faced on by all other rooms. We had no view or privacy and we were absolutely gutted. We had to keep the curtains shut all the time and felt like prisoners in the room. The hotel was full so we couldn't change and although we were offered a comfort room later in the week, it was so disappointing compared to the deluxe standard. The other problem was there was no bathtub, although the bathroom was huge. After a day of skiing, I love a bath. The hotel say they can give you a bath if you REQUEST it BEFORE you arrive - that's my top tip!!

2. Boot Room - it's down a flight of stairs and tiny inside - the hotel really should think next about how to upgrade this. I know a lift is expensive, but it would really help.

3. Tap Water Charge - this has been mentioned by other reviewers so we asked about this. If you just want tap water, they charge a fee around 3.90euros which is very expensive. If you buy a glass or bottle of wine, tap water is then free.

4. Toiletries in the bathroom - they have installed those awful soap dispensers on the wall (only at the sink and not in the shower) and the shower gel is awful. A small thing I know, but I went to the supermarket and bought both on the first day.

5. No Gym - again it's a small thing, but we love going to the gym!

So there you have it, it's a great hotel but room for some improvements.

Room Tip: Ask for front balcony and a bathtub or they aren't guaranteed