“Excellent family run hotel, wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of AlpVita Piz Tasna

AlpVita Piz Tasna
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Ischgl
edinburgh
“Excellent family run hotel, wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of 6 with kids from 7 to 18, the hotel is well located for skiing, 100 yds walk to the lift, 30 yard walk back off the slopes. The food in the hotel is outstanding, the service is excellent. This is a top end family owned and managed hotel and shows what major chains can not compete with. A great holiday.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank evanswaugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Leeds, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just arrived back from the Piz Tasna in Ischgl.

This is a great hotel run by a very pleasant and welcoming family.

The breakfast was great, with lots of choice including cereal, yoghurt, eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, omelettes, drinks etc.

Dinner was something I looked forward to every day. I especially liked the salad buffet. As for the other reviews mentioning 'veal reduction' - either things have changed since their review or they are wrong. Each course was fantastically cooked, you only have to look at their cooking trophy cabinet to understand how good their chef is.

We could ski in to about 30m from the hotel (the review that says it was a treck up from the lift obviously didn't work out you can take the 1A red run past the back of the hotel, almost to it's door!).

The boot room was great, with heat boot stations, for nice warm boots in the morning.

Proximity to the town centre is really good too. It's 2 mins walk but also away from the loud noise.

Also the room was always very clean.

The downsides (which everyone else seems to have said) are:

-Poor pillows, maybe it's just the way Austrians like their pillows, but for me they are so light your head is not supported at all.

-Bedroom lighting system is very fiddly.

If I go back to Ishgl one day, then I'll definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ashUK83
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm a new skier - this was my second year and both trips have been to Ischgl. We stayed in one of the trendier hotels in 2012 booking through an operator. This year the group decided to try a different feel and more importantly, a hotel that offered single rooms - for me! I booked directly with the hotel while my friends booked through the operator (and I booked my flight and transfer through them).

From my first interactions with the hotel, the service was friendly (but not overly) and efficient. I could not have been more pleased with the single room (I think I may have got a normal room - certainly we couldn't see the difference to my friends room - so I can't promise great single rooms all the time!).

Reading the reviews below - yes - the pillows aren't great. The lights take some getting used to. I think those who believe its expensive should try some of the other hotels (like the one we were in last year). But none of these aspects should take away from a warm friendly atmosphere and great food and service (thanks to Marco for keeping us well served in the bar :) The breakfast selection was fabulous (you're in Austria though, don't expect full english). The dinners were superb.

Overly - if you want relaxed, friendly reasonable then book here and enjoy your holiday. And take your own pillow if you're that concerned (btw - my friend tells me those pillows are quite normal for Austria and he takes his own!!)

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Ejbsix
Toronto,Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I guess a good reviewer should look at both sides of a hotel experience , but for us , any small negatives here were overwhelmed by a LOT of positives !
Our party of 8 was met and welcomed by Roland and staff , and our baggage was whisked to our very pleasant rooms in no time.
We loved the food ,and can't imagine a better food experience , especially considering the diverse palates of our group. Both breakfasts and dinners were outstanding , and the après - ski light lunch welcome and good .
We like to have wine with our dinner , and thus , tap water was free ; as , I should mention , was the WiFi network , strong anywhere in the hotel . We had no complaints about "veal reduction"either.
Roland and Michaela took care of all our needs , ably aided by the staff , who were always smiling and communicative . I must make special mention of and thanks to Sylvie , Marco , Andre and Sarah .
Good ski experience , everything close by , lift tickets available at the desk ... Couldn't ask for more !
Go back ? You bet !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avidskiier
surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here February 2013.
The hotel is in great position, the food is excellent as are the staff.
Very confusing lighting system in the rooms so expect to be while sussing that out, the room was ok but i was not happy as I requested a room away from lifts or stairs and they put us right next to the lift. To be fair they do move us to the room next door in the end. I did find the hotel very overpriced for what is is but it would not stop me returning.

Room Tip: Might be worth paying extra to upgrade from a standard as ours looked a bit tired.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the Piz Tasna the first week in February. We arrived at 8.30 on Saturday night and were just in time for dinner. The food was excellent every evening, with unusual soups and dishes but I would agree with some other reviewers that the main courses were usually covered with veal jus, that drowned the flavours and made all the dishes taste very similar.

Our room was spotless with two single beds pushed together, a seating area, tv and tea and coffee making facilities (although I never found the milk). The bathroom was also spotless with clean fluffy towels every night and bathrobes. The shower was also good with plenty of water pressure.

Wellness Center/sauna was only small but we hardly ever saw anyone else in it!!!!

The only complaint we had was that the rooms were so hot all the time. We tried to alter the temperature on the main control but nothing seemed to work and we resorted to opening the doors onto the balcony, which soon cooled the room down!!!!!

Overall a lovely hotel but quite expensive.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the mountains and the village - very pretty!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maggiemay1960_11
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

On arrival, we received a warm welcome from hotel owner Roland and his charming wife. We were are a party of eight men sharing four double rooms. The rooms are spacious and well decorated with separate beds unlike many of the Austrian twin rooms. The en-suite was clean and modern with all the essential bits and pieces. A door led onto a balcony with spectacular views over the village and mountains.
The food was excellent. Breakfast was buffet style with a choice of everything you could possibly want. Apres-ski soups, cold food and cakes were available in abundance. Each evening at dinner there was a choice of three main courses - meat, fish and vegetarian. The service was efficient and friendly. The food itself was fantastic, consisting of six or seven courses of beautifully prepared and stylishly presented dishes. There is a sizable wine list with wines ranging from Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1990 at €870 a bottle to very drinkable Austrian and Italian wines at €28 per bottle. The bar bill for the eight of us for the week came to €1765 which we considered good value.
The Wellness Centre and pool are on the small side but are more than adequate given the level of use.
It is about 250 metres walk to the gondola with a travolator covering half that distance. Skiing down into the village leaves one just 50 metres from the hotel entrance. For us , this hotel ticked all the boxes!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a great view of the village and mountains.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends