“Great location and decoration.”
Review of Seevilla Freiberg

Seevilla Freiberg
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in Zell am See
Saudi Arabia
“Great location and decoration.”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights.
Great lake view with excellent location, the reception were helpful, good breakfast.
Hope we stayed longer nights in this hotel , certainly I will advise my Friends to stay here.
The hotel provides the zell am see card , which can be used in a lot of activities in and around the area.

Room Tip: The hotel provides the zell am see card
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alrayyan10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The staff was really helpful. I received an email days prior to my arriving. the moment I stepped into the hotel they welcomed me and my family and I asked about my trip. I didn't even have to show them my booking reservation they already know who I am, I didn't have to fill any application it was already filled they just needed a signature. they provided all the information I needed upon my arrival, breakfast time, WiFi, keys and when do they close their doors. the reception lady was so nice and efficient The VIEW is amazing I love it when I wake up in the morning and the first thing i look at is the lake The balcony, the swing everything is wonderful Their breakfast was ok not superb but ok
They clean really early in the morning. I mean I wake up at 9 and they want to clean before that. Even though I lock my door they continuously knock it !!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Maym91
high wycombe
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I visited for our first ski holiday, it was fantastic!
The view of the lake from every room is breathtaking, the food was of a very high quality that we ate at the hotel every night (not something we ever do). Breakfast is good, with a large selection, and the staff are really friendly and accommodating.

The ski shuttle could do with a little more flexibility, but this bizarrely is the only negative point we could come up with.

My wife and I look forward to returning next year, and I highly recommend staying here!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here on a skiing trip and really enjoyed it. The hotel is about 10-15 min walk from the lifts but there is a mini bus from the hotel that you can book. You can rent heated lockers at the main ski lift which is worth the money so you don't need to carry your equipment with you on the way back. We usually just walked to and from the main lift which wasn't a problem. The hotel was well decorated, modern and very peaceful with all the rooms looking over the lake. There is a train behind the hotel but this was not a problem at all as you could hardly hear it. Some nights the food was outstanding and others it was good. I think there was maybe two different chefs. Service was good and the hotel was very clean. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tranent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I travelled to Zell am see for a skiing holiday with my partner and another couple. I would not normally go to a hotel such as this as prefer more traditional skiing type hotels but got a great deal with Crystal on this place and it looked really nice.

on arrival we were taken from our coach and transferred to a taxi minibus as coaches are not allowed in certain smaller streets of Zell. Arrived and checked in and got our rooms which were lovely. The beds are amongst the comfiest i have slept on and all rooms have their own tempreture control. We were a ground floor so had a full glass window with french door opening onto our decking which was on the edge of the lake and the views were simply stunning. not that i go for watching tv but the rooms have a 32 inch flat screen although only have bbc news and bbc entertainment channel in English.

we unpacked and went for a wander before returning for dinner which on arrival night was a mediteranean buffet which was tremendous. The table allocated to us was again overlooking the lake and its stunning scenery. The food all week was excellent with an Austrian buffet night also. all other nights you get a choice of three main courses at breakfast and there is usually a starter a soup and a pudding with a lovely fresh salad bar to help yourself at. on the friday night you get the seven course gala dinner again beautiful. we got fillet steak and venison on the main courses as well as salmon and other delights through the week.

Breakfast has absolutely everything you could imagine and is buffet style. It is also a nice touch that you get a weather report and a list of all the things that are on in the town that day and evening.

the crystal website says it is a ten minute walk from the city express lift. this is slightly wrong. i am a fit guy and it would take me 20 minutes to walk it in ski boots carrying skis. fortunately the hotel has a shuttle service which will take you up to the city express between 7-9 am and will pick you up again at the same place. my only complaint here is the latest he will get you is 4pm and i was never off the mountain in time and even then i wanted a drink or two before returning to the hotel so we walked back a lot.

the hotel has a ski storage area down in the garage with a large heated boot rack. the room is very secure and we were all very happy leaving our stuff there.

the hotel has a spa with two steam rooms and three saunas all of differing types and tempretures. there is also a freezing plunge bath (or the lake if you are really brave) and a relaxation room as well as massage rooms. the austrians and germans will go naked but we did not and this was not a problem although we did not mix in the same sauna.

the only downside to the hotel is the cost of alcohol. we would have liked a bottle of wine with every evening meal but after paying 25 euros for a bottle of red the first two nights we stuck to water. that is the cheapest bottle they do and after seeing it in the local spar for 4 euros i grudged doing it again so we stuck to water with dinner. it would be nice if they had something around the 15 euro mark or even a caraffe of house red would have done.

there is also snacks laid out for skiiers returning to the hotel between 1530 and 1700 which varied from pasta to pickles and bread. only saw it twice as was not back that early.

this hotel is not entirely skiers but caters well for them. I would return to this hotel in summer or winter but as the kids are coming next year it will be way out the price bracket.

all the staff were lovely and could not do enough to help you from the housemaids to the owner

Room Tip: the ground floor is great cause you can walk down the steps of your decking area and be at the lakes...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elsamike9
Amsterdam
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Seevilla Frieberg for a few days. The hotel is situated on the lake shore 5 min walk from town center. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Breakfast is very good. A 3 o'clock snack is complementary. There is a large variation for evening dinner.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank R. B
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

this is an excellent base to go skiing. The rooms, food, spa, staff, ski room and service are all of the highest standard. Our room looked over the lake with a balcony which was beautiful. The hotel provides free minibus transfers to the ski lift at a time to suit you and has easy access to the ski/boot room. A free snack is also provided from 4 pm for returning hungry skiers. The breakfast and evening meals offered every choice you could want, and the chef is really good and stall always helpful and friendly. We didn't want to leave!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family