We stayed in the Mavida for our honeymoon, 2 weeks in March 2012. And the reviews on tripadvisor we read before had well described what we could expect. The surroundings of the hotel are maybe not 100% romantic, with the village which has a bit of an industrial look, but the location between Zell am See and Caprun is excellent. Both ski areas are easy to reach (closest ski lift is about 7 min walk), with many, many lovely ski pistes.
Maybe the surroundings were not that romantic, the hotel was the more! The Mavida hotel is lovely, we had a nice room (to us it was not small, it is just the way the room is set up, with the bath in the middle of the room), the food is fantastic, every night a 5 course dinner (including the amuse) which you can choose yourself from a daily changing menu, the spa is romantic and calm, what more can we say... The service in general is good, although it's mainly the restaurant manager Andreas who gives you this feeling that you are special, so we would especially thank him for the lovely dinners & wines he served us!
The only thing that we were a bit dissapointed at, was the lack of a small honeymoon present when we arrived ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid a spectacular mountain landscape of the Austrian Alps, a few minutes walking distance from the valley station of the ski & hiking area “Schmittenhöhe” and the crystal-clear Zeller Lake, we have created a special retreat with a private atmosphere: The Mavida Wellness Hotel & Sport Zell am See. The special aspect about the Mavida is the combination and exclusiveness related to our 47 rooms/suites and his generously formed wellness-area with 1400m² Indoor - and Outdoor pool, Saunas and Relaxation rooms, varieties of selected beauty & body treatments. Unique personal spaces and relaxation. Every season have a very special offer in the region Zell am See: From alpine winter dream to the summer ski run on the glacier, the bike-and hiking trails at the Austria’s highest mountain the “Großglockner”. Our diversity of the sporting activities at Zell am See, combined with relaxing wellness hours, creates a perfect symbiosis for your freedom to stand out from everyday stress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your MAVIDA Wellnesshotel & Sport Zell am See reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mavida Balance Hotel And Spa
- Mavida Balance Hotel Zell Am See
- Hotel Mavida Balance