After some serious research, we decided that a small town was would provide better value and cosiness than a big-time ski resort, and we were right - Zell Am See is quaint, friendly, and just the right size. We had full-board at the hotel which means breakfast, lunch, tea time, and a 4 course dinner daily, but if we didn't pick this option, I wonder where in town we could find a decent meal since pizza joints were a plenty but not much else in plain view. Like other reviewers mentioned, the food at the hotel is simply amazing - kudos to these top chefs.
Room size is fine - I can't really comprehend why some reviewers complained about it being too small. My only conclusion is that these reviewers are much too large.
3 main quibbles:
(1) Internet - we could not receive WIFI reception in our room (219), and had to resort to old fashioned ethernet, which a cable was provided by the hotel but it was not long enough to allow you freedom to place anywhere. Once connected, the speed is a snail's pace akin to dial up, but would spike to decent speeds once in a while only to fall back to super slow again. Will challenge even the most patient people!
(2) Beds - the mattress and pillows are super soft by default, although you are given a choice to change to a firmer option - we didn't bother.
(3) Full board includes all food but the hotel wasn't very clear on the inclusion of beverages - we had to ask several times and was explained the fine print. In a nut shell, all breakfast beverages are covered but all other drinks through-out the day are additional. Keep this in mind before you decide to splurge on booze during dinner while expecting freebies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design in combination with mental balance, spa and gourmet cuisine bring body, mind and soul in line”, that’s the success of the MAVIDA Balance Hotel & Spa. Numerous awards, like “Hotel of the year 2011 in Austria”, HolidayCheck TopHotel 2011 or the Golden Service Crown, category wellness hotel, underline the concept.MAVIDA Facts:43 design rooms and 4 design suites, awarded gourmet restaurant with show kitchen and walk-in wine cubus, cosy bar with open chimney, incentive room INVIDA (ca 50 sq), 1.400 sq Balance Centre & Spa with Private Spa Suite, Blue Box, Floating Pool, outdoor sport pool with terrace (summer), indoor pool, bio-, herb- and Finnish sauna, Kneipp pool, tepidarium, fitness centre and relax rooms, beach property at the Zeller lake (summer), shuttle service to the ski area Schmittenhöhe (Areitbahn in Schüttdorf)The gourmet full board of the Best Wellness Hotel Austria will persuade you:late-riser breakfast buffet, snacks, fresh fruits, fingerfood and cakes in the afternoon. In the evening the cuisine team spoils you with exquisite dishes, the courses can be combined from the à la carte menu.Position:• 5 minutes walk to the ski and hiking area Schmittenhöhe• 5 minutes by car to the 2 x 18 holes Leading Golf Club Zell am See/Kaprun• 10 minutes walk to the Zeller lake• 10 minutes by car to the hotel’s property at the Zeller lake• 20 minutes by car to the glacier skiing area Kitzsteinhorn (October-May)• 5 minutes by car to the centre and train station Zell am See ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your MAVIDA Wellnesshotel & Sport Zell am See reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mavida Balance Hotel And Spa
- Mavida Balance Hotel Zell Am See
- Hotel Mavida Balance