“Lovely family hotel”
Review of Hotel Tirolerhof

Hotel Tirolerhof
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Zell am See
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We came to ski during the first week of the Easter holidays and stayed at this lovely hotel. We are used to staying in 5* hotels but this is easily as good as most of them. The staff are welcoming and friendly, the hotel is warm and spotless, the beds are comfortable and the rooms cosy. The location is good a short walk from the lovely town and lake and 5 mins walk (uphill) to the ski lifts. Great indoor swimming pool and spa.
We booked on a full board basis and were amazed at the quantity of food at dinner, salad, them starter, then soup then main course followed by desert and coffee, not all the food was to our taste (rabbit one night) but the quantity and quality was excellent.
I would fully recommend this hotel to families or couples.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed April 1, 2010

I booked this hotel last minute for a ski trip with my husband. Well.... this is the best hotel I have stopped in for all round service and accommodation. The food is fantastic 5 courses every night. The staff are excellent and polite, can't do enough for you. The whole hotel is of an exceptional standard and we couldn't find anything to fault. It is immaculate in all areas and will definitly be returning.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I decided on a late skiing trip, having stayed in the Tirolerhof over Christmas I decided to return to Zell am See based on the quality of this hotel. It can be difficult to find quality hotels in ski resorts but the Tirolerhof and Zell am See are an exception to the rule.

Its lounge, bar and restaurant can be described in one word – Elegant. The hotel is a four star superior and in my view is as good as many five star hotels I have stayed in.

Staff are both professional and friendly, food is exceptional – five course meals in the evening are of an extremely high standard.

In the basement there is a swimming pool, small gym and saunas.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank TimeToTravelAbroad
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We spent three wonderful nights at the Tirolerhof.
Everything was excellent: food, atmosphere, room, staff, pool... The staff are all very helpful and friendly, we felt at home.
Our 22month old daughter loved it and the staff loved her too.
I hope we visit again soon!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AandMMalta
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We had a wonderful stay could not fault anything, food, service, facilities were all excellent!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2010

This is the 7th time my son and I have had the good fortune to stay with the Porsh Family at their Tirolerhof Hotel in Zell am See. We ski every year (10 years now) and although for various reasons we've stayed elsewhere, this is always our number one destination and hotel. The family who own the hotel seems to envelop all who work there also as the same faces appear each year and even remember us! My son (now 18) has pretty much grown up here and each year the hotel has proven perfect - from young child to young adult. The food is superb, the rooms large and comfortable, the facilities exemplary and the staff faultless. My only question is why it only holds a 4* rating as it compares brilliantly with other 5*'s I've stayed at. That said, the hotel is always pretty much fully booked with regulars so if you're lucky enough to get a room, treat the Porsh "family" well in return and you'll always be welcomed back. Thank you all for yet another excellent and refreshing break in your wonderful hotel and village.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phanson
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I would say this is the best hotel overall that my wife and I have stayed in. We have holidayed at the Tirolerhof about seven times since the 90s, the last time being in June 2008 when we spent our Silver Wedding Anniversary there. Food great, rooms great, cleanliness spot on with all the amenities you would require. Staff are all very friendly and most speak perfect Endlish. A Family run hotel which my wife now calls her second home. Hoping to get back this year.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple